Chapter 5.

~Y/N's POV~

Welcome to the thunder dome: 

Lunch.

Lunch sucked. That's it. That's how it's always been. The kids suck, the food sucks, everything about lunch sucked. I sat next to Jared and Evan, picking at my 'hamburger' if you can even call it that. Jared's head perked up.

"Y/N, freak comin' this way..." he whispered. I looked behind me and I saw Connor walking this way. He had a calm expression, and he walked slowly. Once he was about three feet away he opened his mouth to speak. Adrenaline courses through my body.

"Can I sit, or are you gonna just stare?" I snapped back into reality.

"Uh, Yea sure!" Jared's eyes grew wide and gave me a look. Evan stayed quiet. Connor plopped down next to me and just sat in silence.

"Sooo... Connor," Jared smirked. "Did you and Y/N totally do it when I was gone or..." it was my turn to burn up. My cheeks grew red. Evan furrowed his brows at Kleinman.

"W-Wait you left Y/N...? You left him/her? And you didn't...?" Evan asked. I felt silence, the words tried to come out but they wouldn't. I just sat there, aghast.

"Well yea. It wasn't like Connor was gonna kill em'..." Jared laughed. "At least not with his parents around."

Connor's jaw clenched, he was clearly... pissed, I placed my hand on his knee. There was a hole in his ripped jeans and I started picking at it.

"No we didn't 'do it'." I say coldly.

"He's not worth it Connor..." I whispered. "C'mon." I rose from my chair and ushered for Connor to follow me. Connor followed with his hands stuffed in his pockets. As we walked it was like all eyes were on us, I could feel the looks burn through the back of my head. Connor gave the death stare to a few people but he seemed calm.

"I fucking hate him." Connor sighed as we left the lunch room. "I know." I said back. I slumped down in front of my locker and he joined me.

"How come you've never really talked to people in the school?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"It's bullshit, I've always been different. So no one really gave a fuck about me." I nodded.

He was so much more than what they all said. He was sweet. He was,,, different. I scooted closer, I could feel him tense, but then relaxed. We sat in silence for a bit. Then he asked a question.

"Ever gotten high before?" I looked up at him.

"I was told to just say no." I laughed. He smiled. "Your a dork, you know that right?" Connor asked.

"Yeaaaaa. But you still let me hang around."

"Keep being sassy and that will change."

"Shut up." I playfully pushed him. "You first." He said back.

———————————

I walked home with Evan and Connor. Evan started to talk to Connor and He just listened quietly.

"How'd you break your arm?" Connor asked Evan. Evan looked nervous and he started fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Well you see- I um. I fell." Pause. "From a tree." Connor but his lip to stop the laughter.

"Well isn't that just the saddest fucking think I've ever heard." Connor let out a chuckle. Evan nodded sadly. I swapped places with Connor so I could talk to Evan.

"You can tell him. He knows how we... felt. He did... things too" I whispered. Evan shook his head. "Okay. But just know you can." My view changed to Connor.

"What?" He asked. My hand swayed near his. I wished-, but he wouldn't— never mind.

~So what if it's us? What if it's us?~

"Wanna stay for dinner? My mom is home tonight." He smiled but then shook of the expression. He seemed sad.

"No I'm... Busy." He grimaced. "Okay." I whispered back.

'Nice going Y/N! Now he doesn't wanna hang out with you.'

Stop.

'Your such a freak like he would want to anyway.'

STOP.

'Look at you talking to yourself...'

"Stop." The boys heads snapped to me. "Sorry just thinking... out loud... ha." I said grimly. They nodded.

We approached the front door. Like I said before or home was nothing like the Murphy's. I opened the door slowly to reveal a... small, unimpressive, home.

"T-this is- this is it." Evan mumbled. Connor studied it.

"It's... cozy?" I looked down at his comment. He saw my expression and caught himself. "A fucking good cozy." I smiled at the floor.

"You sure you don't wanna stay?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"My fucked up family is waiting for me." I leaned in and hugged him. He was taken aback but then he hugged me back. He had the same warmth. I looked up at him. "Come over tomorrow ."

"Have fun, champ. Go get em tiger." I said sarcastically.

"Bye, to you too, dork." He laughed. "Bye." I waved him off. As he left his smile faded, and he regained his depressing demeanor. God damn it, Connor Murphy.

~I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you...~

—————————————————————————————

Hey guys! Hope you liked his chapter it was a bit of a filler... but I think it's pretty good. Bye!

Ela~