Chapter 8 <3

AUTHORS NOTE.

Alright, so this chapter is super sad....and happy..... at the same time! Haha. Anyway, I guess I'm off to start chapter 9 :D

OH AND PLEASE READ THIS:

People normally look at books, based on the amount of votes the first chapter got, so can you guys pretty please like the first chapter if you haven't already? Thanks!!

Oh and thank you to the wonderful stangers and friends reading my story! I wanted to make this chapter special because I made it too 150 reads!! It's not much but I'm happy!!!

Okay Ima stop being annoying, go read the story!!!!!

~Caitlyn.

Chapter 8 (Rayne's POV)

Nathan didn't send anything back. I was worried I said the wrong thing. I spent my night crying my eyes out cause of my past. Because of Lucy. I didn't even go to the Library, but grandma Jenn called me. I lied and told her I was fine.

The only thing that kept me from doing anything bad was knowing that Nathan was changing. Changing good. He was acting like a brother.

"Kids, we're going out!" Karen called.

"Okay!!" I called back. My voice sounded chok-ey. I swallowed.

I heard the door slam downstairs, and not a moment later, Nathan came into my room.

"You can knock you know."

"I know" He smiled, and sat on the bed.

"C'mon." he said tugging my arm.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see"

"Okay"

I had no idea why I was trusting him. But I followed my gut. I walked with him a few blocks in the dark. We approached dark trees. We walked through them and came out onto an opening of water.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Swimming time!" He said, in the cutest baby voice imaginable. He pulled off his pants, and shirt, right after removing his black converse. Then he ran in the water. We lived in Cleveland Ohio. It was the beginning of September, and it was just starting to get colder. So I thought he had lost his mind.

"You're insane!"

"I'm not!"

"You are!"

"Not!"

"Are!"

"Not"

"ARE!"

"Woah! I surrender!" he playfully stuck his hands out, and pretended to bow to me. I giggled, and he smiled. A gorgeous perfect teeth smile. I on the other hand, Had an odd smile, which apparently, he liked, cause I smiled right back at him. He only smiled bigger.

Finally I snapped out of my daze. And focused on him. His hair looked funny. It was all pulled back, from the water. It didn't look like him. Except for his eyebrow piercing. Yes, Nathan had his eyebrow pierced, but that was it. Which I found weird.

"Rayne!!" he yelled and waved. I smiled. So did he. Ugh. Okay. Rayne, just run in.

So I did and splashed right into his arms. We laughed, and played. Just like little kids. Like brother and sister are supposed to act. We danced and sang.

Nathan was a good singer. He had a calming tone.

So we swam and sang. Splashed and floated.

"These wounds won't seem to heal" He traced the scratches on my wrist

Then I sang

"This pain is just too real" I put my hand around his shoulder

Then we both sang,

"There's just too much that time cannot erase"

We went on like that for a while, and then we got to the end of the beautiful song.

He let me sing

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone

But though you're still with me,

I've been alone, all along........"

We floated on the water and stared at the stars. There were two particular bright ones that gazed into my eyes. It was Lucy. My deceased, beloved sister, looking me in the eyes, from Heaven.

Then we sang as one. A prefect harmony.

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

And I held your hand through all of these years

But you still have.............."

He paused, allowing me to sing my heart out to Lucy.

"All of me" I sang out the last word for a while, before I started to feel my eyes water, and my voice quiver.

I began to cry my eyes out.

Nathan grabbed my and held my head to his chest as I cried.

"Cry your heart out. She loves you, Lucy loves you Rayne, just cry the hurt out of your soul. Keep crying."

He kept saying things like that. I like it because any normal person would be telling me to "shh" and would say that everything was going to be okay. But Nathan wasn't normal. Right now, he was the only sibling I had left. He was someone who truly wanted to help. The only person I could count on to make this moment better. When Lucy rised to the sky. Nathan fell in her space. No one could compare To Lucy Marie Keaton though. But on the other hand, no one could compare to Nathan. At this point, he was my guardian angel. Sent from Lucy. I knew it.

I wished I could cry my heart out forever in Nathan's arms. Nothing could hurt us at this point. We were invincible.

He pulled me back and looked into my eyes.

(Nathan's POV)

I pulled her back, and looked into her tear filled eyes. God, she was too fucking beautiful. I wanted to tell her. But I couldn't find it in the nice part of me to bring it into words. It sucked. I never had love. or friendship. No siblings or anything. I never lost someone I loved. My parents hated me. So did my uncle. I had no family. Except for Rayne. I liked Rayne. I didn't like a lot of stuff. Except for music, and Rayne. I liked Rain too. Because it reminded me on Rayne. Was that weird? I don't know. I looked into her fragile brown marble eyes. I loved them. Rayne didn't need blond hair and blue eyes to be her gorgeous self. She just needed to be, well her gorgeous self.

I ran my fingers through her silky hair, then hugged her. To be cute.. I think, I sniffed her. She pulled back and tilted her cute head. "Did you just sniff me?"

"No." I lied

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"I didn't sniff me, I sniffed Rayne"

She playfully punched me and I laughed.

Then splashed her.

We had an epic splash fight.

~~~

(Rayne's POV)

We headed home after than. Thankfully, Karen and Jason weren't home yet. Nate went to his room, and I went into my own. As soon as I walked in, a note flew from under the crack. It was the same note I wrote that said:

"I'm broken"

He replied with,

"I want to fix you"