Chapter Seventeen- Agreements

Day 4

Harry was already awake by the time Draco started stirring next to him.

The blond sat up quickly, staring at Harry in horror. "Last night-"

"Stop." Harry held a hand up. 'We'll talk when we're in our room."

It was only then that Draco seemed to remember that they were in the Slytherin dorms. He straightened, and nodded at Harry.

They got ready quickly, and left the room. It must have been breakfast time, because no one was in the Common Room except Pansy.

She stood as they came downstairs. "Hey guys. I just want to say that if we pushed you too far or something last night, I'm sorry."

Harry shook his head. "It's alright, Pansy. Yesterday was fun."

Draco nodded.

Pansy smiled, sighing. "Okay, good. I'm going to breakfast, are you coming?"

Harry shook his head. "I don't feel well, and I'm still really tired. We're gonna head back to our room and chill out for today."

Pansy nodded. "If you need anything at all, I'm here."

Harry smiled. "Thank you, Pansy."

She nodded, and they went their separate ways.

The walk seemed even longer, with an awkward silence hanging between the two.

"Your little brother never tells you but he loves you so, you said your mother only smiled on her TV show," Harry sang softly.

Draco's head whipped toward him, shocked.

"You're only happy when your sorry head is filled with dope, I hope you make it to the day you're 28 years old," Harry continued.

"You're dripping like a saturated sunrise, you're spilling like an overflowing sink," Draco joined in quietly.

"You're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece, and now you're tearing through the pages and the ink," they sang.

"Everything is blue, his pills, his hands, his jeans!" Harry sang loudly.

"And now I'm covered in the colors, pulled apart at the seams!" Draco sang louder.

"And it's blue, and it's blue!"

They were both breathless and happy by the time they reached their room, and both of their smiles faded. 

Harry murmured the password, and the door slid open. Both boys quietly sat on the bed cross-legged, facing each other, as it shut again.

"Draco, can we start by saying one thing right now. Everything we say in this room from the time we arrive to the time we leave, will be in complete confidentiality. We will never mention it to another person without the other's consent, and if one of us wishes, any topic we speak about will never be brought up again. Can we agree on that?"

Draco nodded. "Yeah, I agree."

Harry sighed. "I've been thinking, and I have a proposition for you."

Draco's eyes met his. "Continue."

"We're both teenage boys, obviously. And things like last night are going to happen again." At Draco's wide eyes, he quickly corrected himself. "I mean things like getting turned on, not- not the other thing we did."

Draco nodded slowly.

"So, sometimes we aren't going to be able to control it, and not doing anything about it for ten weeks will probably kill one of us," Harry added, smiling.

Draco snorted.

"So, I'm thinking, we could help each other out. Like last night for example. And we don't have to take it any further than that, and we can always keep the light out, if it's more comfortable, and obviously we don't have to if you don't want to."

Draco's voice was hoarse. "And-and if one of us wants to take it... further than that?"

"We would need express, spoken consent from the other," Harry replied firmly.

Draco nodded slowly. "Alright. Sounds good."

Harry smiled. "Good. I'm glad we can talk about this civilly. Do you want to talk about how far we're willing to take it?"

Draco nodded again. "I think for now we should stick with... what we did last night. And..."

Harry glanced up. "And what?"

"Is...Is kissing okay?" Draco looked at their hands. "I think it would make it more comfortable."

Harry nodded. "I'm okay with that."

Draco relaxed. "Okay."

Harry sighed. "We have classes in four days."

Draco nodded, sadly. "Kind of a shame, really."

Harry shrugged. "I mean, we only really have two weeks of classes, and then vacation....." His voice trailed off, and he looked at Draco in horror.

"What?" Draco asked, instantly looking worried.

"We have finals testing in two weeks," Harry whispered.

Draco's eyes widened. "We haven't studied!"

Harry sighed. "Maybe we can have another shopping day with the Slytherins soon, and study."

Draco nodded. "I think we should sit with the Gryffindors today."

Harry blinked. "What?"

Draco shrugged. "It's just, I know Granger fucked up, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the rest of your friends for it."

"I guess you're right. We should take showers, though."

Draco nodded in agreement, and the two set off to start their morning.