( CHAPTER TWO )

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO. FLOWER THIEF

▅▅▅

AFTER THE ALMOST
 months of daily visits to the Silva Estate, when Juliette first opened her eyes, she had to be sent to their main Mansion residing on the other side of Clover Kingdom so she would be placed under training— to be a proper Silva bride.

Once the young Solace reached the age of 5, she was finally allowed to visit her fiancé again, although was unprepared for their unforgettable reunion.

Nozel Silva, age 9, was walking around their house when he noticed that the amount of maids were added in a few quarters made for special guests. He was curious, naturally. But was prideful enough not to ask questions. 

As he was reached their garden, an unfamiliar figure stood in the middle of the flowers. She looked younger than him, he thought. Since he was expecting no visitor, he opted that the person was actually trespassing.

"EXCUSE ME!" he yelled but the girl did not turn to face him.

He coughs, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING HERE, YOU FLOWER THIEF—"

"Nozel?" A feminine voice asked. The young Silva stopped in his tracks the second his purple eyes locked with hers that was... wait, what is that color? 

The young girl chuckles as the silver-haired boy in front of him kept moving left, and then right, as if experimenting and creating a hypothesis in his head, "Is it my eyes?" she asked and he hesitantly nods.

"They're color grey— Father usually says that they're omniscient, meaning they reflect the colors of my surroundings which is why they often change." she explains but he could only stare.

They were the prettiest eyes he has ever seen and taking his stare off of them felt like a sin he would never want to commit, "Who were you calling a flower thief again?" she teased making him flinch in place, "I apologize,...but who are you?" The young Juliette raises her eyebrow.

She had anticipated that Nozel would've forgotten the day, but to forget her? Now that was not expected, "Has my fiancé already forgotten me?" and just like that, he bows again and gently takes her hand to kiss the back of it.

"Forgive my rudeness, Lady Solace." he apologizes but she dismisses it as soon as the words left his mouth.

"This is the first time I actually get to see you in person, My Lord. I would like to spend the rest of the day getting to know more of you." she continued, her voice clear as the sky before them. He quietly nods and gives her a tour around the castle.

Unknown to the brunette-haired woman that Nozel was observing her every move. The way she kept looking at the different kinds of flowers in their garden intrigued every part of his body. But every part of him was also mentally cursing his self from re-calling the first thing he thought of when he looked at her: an ugly being.

Compared to everything he described her before, she was the exact opposite of that now. Just seeing her makes him feel that other than his cousin, there might be someone else who could withstand his cold storms.

"My Lord." she called out.

He looks at her with a confused expression, "You were staring at me." she stated calmly as blood rushed to his cheeks. A pale tint of pink showing on the tips of his ear, "I'm sorry for being weird." he says out of nowhere that surprised her.

The grey-eyed woman shook her head as she walked towards her fiancé who still did not want to rid his eyes off of her, "I think it's rather cute." she was smiling innocently as if the words she uttered were nothing to her at all.

"Now come on, My Lord! I want to see the garden upfront before dinner!" grabbing Nozel's hand, she pulled him towards the front of their house. 

The young Silva could only look at her with a bewildered expression, before they could fully reach the other side of their palace-like abode, he carefully pulled her making them stop, "U-Uhm... just Nozel." he shyly says. 

Juliette hummed questioningly making the boy grunt, "Call me Nozel and I won't repeat it again." He says with a scowl on his face. She plasters a smile on her complexion and takes his hand once again and runs towards their destination. How he would never forget this day. 

The day he first spoke to the only person he can no longer talk to.

CHAPTER TWO, END.

▅▅▅

a/n: reduced their age gap by one year 'cause y'all are freaking out by it.