( CHAPTER FOURTEEN )

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN. A MOTHER'S FAREWELL

content warning: this chapter contains major manga spoilers for Black Clover, character death, blood, profanity, and also angst :')) Reader discretion is advised.

▅▅▅

      NOZEL HELD BACK THE URGE to scream for help. The sudden rush of adrenaline and fear that spiked his veins slowly dissipated as his mother fell to her knees with bloodied hands.

     He couldn't even wrap his head around what had happened and his mind crippled into its deepest and darkest depths.

       As a responsible elder brother, son, and heir to House Silva, he should have collected his thoughts and made up a plan of action to get out of this hell-hole as fast as possible.

     But he thought none of that.

     What he was thinking was nothing but: Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

     A devil user by the name of Vanica had kidnapped his newborn baby sister and his mother followed them religiously. To think that his mother had just given birth when the whole fiasco had happened left him too stunned to speak.

     Again, his mother left him dumb-founded when she fought of the devil user before the wicked son of a bitch cursed his own mother with her magic.

     Nozel felt powerless and now his mother was dying, and there was absolutely nothing he could do but watch.

     The baby in his arms wriggled and reached for his braid to tug it, but when he looked at her with a frown on his face, said baby flinched and cried instead.

     Acier, barely breathing, forced herself to turn her body to fully face her children, "N-Nozel," she called, the last bits of air escaping her lungs.

     The young Silva bit his inner lip and slowly trudged his mother's body. She was impaled and as hopeful as Nozel wanted to be, he was sure his mother would not survive.

     But she had to.

      He needed to steer the conversation. He doesn't want to hear her farewells. His mother will be alright. They'll be fine. "Do you... d-do you wish to see the b-ba..." Nozel choked in his own words, seemingly unable to finish the sentence.

     "I do," she breathed, tired. "But I-I'm afraid my arms will fail me."

     Nozel nodded and sat on the cold floor of patched rocks, he steadied himself with one hand and the other held the baby who was now in a protective layer of mercury and cried over who knows what.

     "Her name is Noelle." Acier began.

     'Noelle.' Place, and circumstance aside, Nozel thought the name fitting for Royalty. But most of all, he thought it perfectly beautiful.