( CHAPTER EIGHT )

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT . THE LEAST HE COULD DO

▅▅▅

"SHOULD I BE concerned about that, Mama?" the brunette questioned, shifting her body for comfort while placing the book on her lap, and running a hand through her hair as she glanced at both of her parents along with his little brother, Ryuu.

Her mother, though hesitant replied, "We will be safeguarded. The men at work are far too many for our lives to be placed in danger." both Lord and Lady Solace received a letter yesterday that they were stationed in the borders of Clover Kingdom, justified by the King, as his niece needed assistance in returning home safely.

"Then why should Ryuu come? he should stay." her brother let out an exasperated groan, conveying his disbelief for his beloved sister so clearly that he wanted to repeat the action twice.

"You're a worrywart. Sir Nozel would have a hard time dealing with you." Ryuu teased. 

The book she held was closed with a loud thud and she bored her eyes into her brothers,  "Excuse me! I only care for his well-being very much— we're talking about you, young mister. So, do not use him as an excuse to get away from it!" she exclaimed, but her brother merely listened to any of the words she said.

Her father, who was sitting across the room and writing a letter, halted from writing to turn to his daughter, "Him?" he questioned, "Ah, I was not informed that the two of you are still bickering over such small matters." Juliette rolled her eyes. 

Despite showing not much interest in talking about her own engagement, Juliette's family always found a way to break the shackles that held her from visibly giving off any sign that her thoughts contained him throughout the day. 

The very thought of her own family knowing much of her love life was already too much. 

"Not you too!" Juliette cried, "If only he apologized then everything would've been fine by now! A simple apology goes a long way, Papa." though the argument was readily available as Lady Acier insisted the two makeup, Juliette couldn't help but huff just by remembering how Nozel would not respond to her letters.

A ding of the bell was heard in their chambers. a maid carrying a letter in the casket was given to her mother before they were dismissed. lady solace smirked, "my, my. it seems your prayers have been answered, my dearest. for he has sent a reply." promptly standing up from the chair, Juliette took the letter on her mother's hand and opened it.

To my Juliette.

I apologize for not replying to your letters. I have been preoccupied with something as of late, and I was hoping that I could make amends with you later this afternoon. I shall fetch you at your place. And if you wish to see me write less formally to you, then say it and it is granted most cordially.