( CHAPTER THREE )

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE. THE BOY WHO SMELT LIKE SUN

▅▅▅

IT HAS BEEN exactly one week since Nozel spent time with Juliette. The little boy would always patiently wait for her to wake up each morning in front of her door so they could eat breakfast together and on rare occasions— eat breakfast in bed with her.

Lord and Lady Silva were both amused and pleased with their son's change of behavior and hoped it continues on. But the two weren't always seeing each other eye to eye, especially with the way Nozel acted towards the commoners, and they would soon argue about this more often.

"No. I'll be eating in your backyard with the gardeners." Juliette said, crossing both of her arms as she hopped off of her bed. Nozel sighed as he placed the tray on a nearby table before walking towards her, "You'd rather eat with the peasants than with me?"  He asked her with quirked brows.

The young grey-eyed brunette simply huffed and stormed out of her room to go to the backyard with a few sandwiches in her hand which she took from the fridge last night, with permission. Even if her stay within the Silva Estate has been for almost two weeks, considering the size and amount of rooms it has, she got lost almost as quickly as she left Nozel in her room.

She was about to make another turn to the corner when she hit her head with another and stumbled completely on the floor. Groaning, she fixed her hair and turned her head to see a young boy who had red locks.

"And who might you be?" she asked, bitterly taking the hand the boy offered to help her get up.

"My name is Fuegoleon Vermillion. A pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance, Lady Juliette." he said, bowing and planting a soft kiss on the back of her hands. 

"P-Pardon me! I should've realized sooner." stuttering she turned her gaze away, ashamed of her actions towards the Royal.

Fuegoleon chuckles lightly before retrieving his hand on hers, "There's no problem in that. But may I ask where are you headed to?" a small sigh escapes her lips before stepping closer to him and whispering her whereabouts. 

"You're going to say the same thing, aren't you? That I should not let myself mingle with them becausE of their class—"

"Not at all. Would you mind if I come with you then?" Juliette could not say anything as she did not expect this from him. She always thought that always Royals were presumptuous due to their upbringing so she could only smile and nod at him as they made their way to the garden.

The two happily ate the sandwiches on the small round table that was the perfect place for a picnic. The people who worked there were also beyond happy that they decided to pay them a visit and even offer them snacks, "It was her idea and I just came along, sir." Fuegoleon explained to the old man.

As they were walking side-by-side one another, Juliette could not help but ask, "So... what's your magic?" she asked, their eyes locking for the first time under the sun as Fuegoleon's breath hitched at the sight.

"A-AH! Is it my eyes again?" she was more worried than anything. The young Solace was taught never to make eye contact with anyone unless absolutely necessary. 

Fuegoleon however, could not say a word, 'her eyes are magnificent.'

Meanwhile, Nozel Silva was stomping his feet around their Manor looking for his fiancé. During this time of the afternoon, they had a routine of reading books silently together. He always enjoyed that time the most not because of the stillness in life the library had but because he could steal several glances from her without the young girl even noticing.

He asked his younger sister, Nebra, as well but she was the same as him, clueless. Nozel wanted to ask his Mother but couldn't do so as she was busy with preparations as she was about to give birth to another Silva: Solid.

The silver-haired boy expected her to be at the garden, but what he did not expect was to see her with his rival standing next to one another in close proximity as Fuegoleon did nothing but stare into her eyes.

How he hated every part of it.

"What is going on here??" He asked in a tone suggesting he demanded an answer immediately. His hand making its way to her wrist to pull her away from Fuegoleon, standing still like a statue, his eyes still fixed on hers.

Nozel looked at Juliette, "Well?" 

"I-I... forgive me for staring." Fuegoleon was snapped back to reality the moment he heard an annoying voice up close, "Well it's really no biggie. It's kind of normal when people see my eyes." she said, scratching the back of her neck before continuing, "But are you alright? You seem... dazed." 

Purple eyes met another pair of them and glared into each other's souls, "Are you busy, Fueggy?" she asked.

"Fueggy!?"

"No. Not at all. Are you off to somewhere again?" he asked politely.

"I and Nozel would be reading at the library this time. Would you mind joining us if you do not deem the activity boring?" The young woman was ignoring her fiancé on purpose, recalling all of the earlier events.

"W-Wait! Why is he joining us!?" 

"It would be an honor." Fuegoleon answered, still ignoring the man who stood in the middle of the two of them as both parties walk away from him. Nozel groused in annoyance and followed them while grabbing Juliette's hand out of nowhere.

"N-Nozel what are—"

"I'm your fiancé. So, I see no problem here." Though cold was the boy when those words passed his lips, his face was dusted in light pink trying to hide the embarrassment with a stoic expression that seemed to have failed. 

'Why am I feeling this way?'

CHAPTER THREE, END.

▅▅▅