( CHAPTER SIX )

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX . THE THORN PRINCESS

▅▅▅

THE FEEBLE STRENGTH she had left was not enough as her flimsy hands dragged her suitcase outside the Silva Manor. How could one such as Nozel let her leave when they were not on good terms? He always behaved with the utmost propriety and would often make it up to her, and yet he was nowhere to be seen.

Juliette gritted her teeth, trying to calm the literal raging storm brewing within her. She ought to be independent of him starting now, right? A lady must never rely on a man with her needs, right? 'Even so, a simple goodbye could've sufficed for his wrongdoings!' she gave the suitcase another strong pull, making sure this would remove it from its current state of rootedness to the door, but instead tumbles and hits another person.

She stood up, and looked at the ill-fated individual she accidentally toppled over, but froze in spot as her eyes met electric blue ones, her strawberry-blonde hair glimmering incandescently, and her poise, unwavering and ever so composed. 

In all her life, Juliette never met such a woman with impeccable manners. It was only Lady Acier. Be as it may, this woman in front of her, looked breathtaking. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that. Are you alright?" the blonde's eyes widen slightly, probably because she colloquially spoke to her before she shook her head.

"I'm fine. May I ask if Nozel Silva is present and within their Manor?" she asked, taking a neatly wrapped gift and a letter, sealed with an intricate design of a rose from the small bag she held. The young Solace corrugated her brows, 'Is... is she Nozel's new fiancé!? Is she the reason why he doesn't care about me anymore?' 

The woman in front of her formed a thin smile with her lips, "We are not acquainted, might I inform you. Though an introduction may not be required, it is a pleasure to meet you Lady Juliette." the brunette snapped out of her thoughts from the mention of her name.

As if lighting striking her down from Olympus, Juliette fixed herself and curtsied back at the realization of who was in front of her, "The pleasure is all mine, Lady Charlotte. Unfortunately, Nozel is out and about with Fuegoleon and I have no idea where they might be. Shall I prepare you a cup of tea while you wait for him?" how could she not know her when this very woman is the young girl everyone compared her to.

Charlotte Roselei of House Roselei. Other than being next in line to take over their House, her name passed the lips of uncountable people from all ranks; may it be nobles, royals, and even the common folk! She was the one who set the bar as high as where it is now that Juliette tried so hard to reach.

Despite only being one year older than her, Charlotte became the symbol of what a woman should be. And Juliette looked up to her in great respect and adoration, and for all she cares, wanted to be like her.

"Tea... would be nice." though reluctant as charlotte's only objective from her visit was to deliver the things in her hand, her conviction of curiosity about the woman took over and agreed to it. Both parties walk back inside House Silva.

——————————

IT HAS BEEN an estimate of three hours since the two began their small conversation. The first hour was utterly awkward as Juliette, spoke not a word and Charlotte did the same. 

It was difficult to speak to someone whose beliefs in the manner of speaking and being spoken to were the same as hers, but when Lord Silva arrived back from a conference, two of his escorts scrutinized both of them, mainly Charlotte with eyes that were replaced with hearts. A clear sign of infatuation despite only seeing her just this once.

When the footsteps of the three men disappeared entirely in the halls, Charlotte could no longer keep her mouth shut, "Disgusting." she covers her mouth as the words pass her lips, cheeks tinted in embarrassment from sputtering such vulgar word that matches not that of a noblewoman's.

"Glad you feel the same way." the tone in Juliette's voice was clearly in agreement with what Charlotte stated, and she could not help but sigh in relief knowing now that she was not the only one who views men in such a way.

For hours, the two, in hushed voices, talked about the imprudent, tactless, and sickening men of Clover Kingdom. And yet Charlotte was curious, "But are you not betrothed to Nozel?" Juliette stiffened hearing his name and slowly met her eyes. The electric-eyed lady wondered why.

Juliette nodded, scratching the back of her head, "Aren't we not allowed to speak ill of our future partners?" she asked back, taking a bite of her muffin that the maids brought in, gulping as she noticed an irk mark appear on Charlotte's forehead, "Only women are not allowed to inimically speak of their partners as it may damage their reputation. But, just because we were taught that way, doesn't necessarily mean we can't do otherwise." the smile that formed on Juliette's face widened.

"Really!?" the excitement that flooded through her was overwhelming. Imagine being able to talk about how cold your fiancé is?  A dream come true.

Charlotte chuckled and nodded, "Really, you can. I can only envision how difficult it must be to be engaged at such a young age." she replied, sipping from the porcelain teacup and setting it back to her lap.

"Well—" the door opens, interrupting her supposedly speech about Nozel and Lord Silva enters the room. Charlotte noticed the minuscule changes in Juliette's body, which almost seemed like she was trembling.

"Charlotte, your Father is outside waiting for you. Give my regards to your Mother for the gift and the letter. And Juliette," as if she could not become more rigid, she turned her head to Leau, "A word in my office." the girl nodded and the man closed the door, leaving her with Charlotte in silence.

The girl swiftly stood up and escorted Charlotte downstairs to where her father awaits her. The young Roselei held suppositions with such little interaction showing a great deal on her but could not interfere. After all, he was her father-to-be so there shouldn't be unease at all in talking to him, but why so did such discomfort flooded her eyes? Charlotte could only wonder.

She turned around, curtsying to her with great splendor, "I thank you sincerely for the time, Lady Charlotte. I hope we can meet again." a tingling sensation courses throughout the young Roselei's body due to the intonation of her voice. 'That... seemed more like a question...' she thought.

"I had the loveliest time with you. Indeed, House Silva is blessed to have you as their future mistress." Juliette flinched unexpectedly, bowed, and bid her goodbye. 

As Juliette made her way to Lord Silva's office, she prayed. Her prayers sent to the highest Heaven were with an abundance of pleas, hoping that Lord Silva was in the mood today, or else she'd never know how to survive another minute in the same room he was in. With these invocations, she went in his office.

CHAPTER SIX, END.

▅▅▅