( CHAPTER NINE )

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE . LETTERS BREAK OUR HEARTS (1)

▅▅▅

"MAKE THE RAIN GO AWAY so we can play'? What is this some nursery rhyme?" she asked aloud, pertaining to no one in particular as she read the prayer sheets tabs hung on the shrine in the middle of the Royal Capital.

Some parts of the Kingdom required all in the day's favorite sunshine so that their hay would dry up from the unexpected storm even she did not sense would come, and some wanted rain so that their crops would... grow.

And so, two days ago, Juliette decided to pay them a visit, with Nozel who said he only wanted to accompany her. The farms they went to were not the ones conjured in slick advertising. Each building was a steel and iron behemoth, none of them with windows, only adequate ventilation, and strip lighting when necessary— the animals grew faster in the dark, according to the townsfolk.

It was not a poor condition at any given rate, but seeing the darkness that surrounded the place gave her an idea and thus allowing them to give requests on the temple Nozel had asked to be built for her. Whoever they prayed to was none of her concern, for all she could ever care for is accomplishing their wishes for the better good of the kingdom.

'Do they seriously believe this is easy?'
she thought inwardly, reading the other requests from several different people. Ever since the young Solace has been chosen by "who knows what kind of god," she has been answering their prayers for the weather they heeded.

Concentrating on the mana that was surrounding her, she held her hand midair and breathed deeply. Slowly, the collective mana she gathered whirled around her body and dispersed into the air, creating thick clouds that contained rain and made its ways to their destination.

She repeated the step once more, but this time, a sword made out of the sun's light appeared before her very eyes. She took it gently and held it with much determination, dancing to the rhythm of the air and slicing what seemed invisible to others, but clear to her.

"Aren't you invested in this." a voice uttered, making her fall out of balance as she opened her eyes and glared at him, "What are you doing here?" she asked him, who held their hand for her which she reluctantly took.

Nozel raised a brow at her question and opened his mouth to say something, but noticed the storm clouds practically forming above her to which he only smirked at, "Brewing a storm this early in the morning? That's too troublesome even for you." at this, he earned an eye roll from the girl who rolled her eyes in return.

"You shouldn't be here, Nozel. Your father might scold me again saying I'm making you forget your responsibilities." The silver-haired boy looked at her, brows furrowing at her statement. 'He said that to her?'