Chapter 3

{Media: A would be animated Russel}

Chapter 3

“You should wear my teal dress.” Ellen commented while adjusting her makeup.

“No thanks.” I said, already slipping into black flats. I chose light jeans and a black ribbed tank top and planned on sticking to it. Ellen had picked out a casual white and black dress that went to her knees and a pair of low heels. Elliot was already finished and was waiting in Ellen's living room while we did the finishing touches on ourselves.

“How do I look?” Ellen asked. I looked her over.

“Fabulous. Ready to go?”

“Yeah.” We walked out to the living room to meet up with Elliot. He looked at us up and down in an appraising manner and hopped up.

“So you ladies ready?” He asked, eager.

“Yup.” I said, grabbing my car keys.

We headed out the door and hopped into my car. Ellen readjusted her makeup again the entire way while flirting with Elliot. I was antsy and couldn't stop tapping my fingers on the wheel until we pulled up. I had to park a few blocks away because of all of the cars practically piled on top of each other.

“Alright let's get this over with.” I said, hopping out and locking the car. “Oh and guys?”

“Yeah?” They asked.

“If you get drunk and throw up in my car, you're cleaning it.” I said sternly.

“Whatever Ambs.” Elliot said, pulling me into his side. “I'd make you do the same if I had a nice car.” I rolled my eyes. Ellen came at his other side probably hoping he'd pull her close too. He did in fact, but he also shoved me forward into the mass of people walking in. I stumbled a bit and then caught my balance. I gave him a dirty look as I walked my way in to the main part of the party.

“Wanna drink?” A girl in a tube top slurred at me, holding out an unopened beer. I took it and set it back down on a table. Ellen came up from behind me.

“Get a drink.” She already had one in her hand. I shook my head. The pounding of the ridiculously loud stereo thumped through my head. I don't even know why I came here tonight. Oh well. Elliot and Ellen had drinks and started dancing off to the side. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and walked into another room which I assumed was the kitchen. Beer cans and other kinds of trash were spread out everywhere. The host herself was making out with a hippie with a tie-die shirt on, his greasy hair hitting her face.

“Disturbing isn't it?” A voice asked from behind me. I turned around and shock of all shocks, was the guy I'd been trying not to think about.

“I don't know.” I looked back at the couple. “She seems to be enjoying it.”

“She seems to have had way to much to drink to even remember her name.” He responded. A smile tugged at my lips but I forced it to flatten out.

“That's true.” I glanced at him again. He was wearing the same clothes that he had worn to school and the cologne was still as strong as it was in the classroom. I stepped away from him and walked out of that room into a wide hallway, banging noises coming from the closed doors around me. At the very end of the hall was another living room but most of everyone was sitting down, dancing, or drinking. I chose an abandoned lawn chair and sat down. Yes, this is how I 'crash parties'. At least I'm away from—

“Hey, Red.” A voice that was getting far too familiar said right next to me. I turned my head to the side. I didn't even realize he was following me.