Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“It's a ball.” Marian declared, smiling happily.

“A ball?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “As in Cinderella and the weird dresses ball?” A sick feeling boiled through my stomach that made me feel like throwing up.

“Sort of.” Marian laughed and handed me the paper that had been delivered by The Order.

The Elemental Ball

Date: August 8

Time: 7:00 P.M.

Day one

Earth

Special guest: Lucius Sullivan

Day two

Air

Special guest: Russell Greene

Day three

Water

Special guest: Marian Wright

Day four

Fire

Special guest: Amber Williamson

I ran a finger over Russell's name. His last name was Greene. I never knew that. I didn't know Lucius's or Marian's either but not knowing Russell's felt more personal.

“How did they know my name?” I glanced up at Marian.

“We told them. The day we found you was the last we heard from them until this.” She gestured at the paper.

“It lasts four days?” I scrunched my face together.

“Yeah.” She hopped up from her place at the kitchen table and started assembling the puzzle that Russell, Lucius, and I tried to put together. It got boring so we just left it there.

“Each day represents the elements, hence the special guests.” She waved her hands in the air dismissively. “There's a different ball room for each day decorated to have a theme of either water, fire, earth, or air.”

“Sounds unnecessary.” I mumbled, fiddling with a puzzle piece. The ball was exactly six weeks away and my nerves were bundled together.

“You would think so. It's mostly for The Order's benefit more than ours. At least you get to meet them.”

“And we have to do what The Order says.” A voice mocked in a high voice. I snickered as Lucius joined me at the table, nudging me flirtatiously and making a face.

“You make it sound worse than it actually is.” Marian frowned at him as Russell walked in.

“Hey guys.” He smiled overall at us and then shrunk it to a private smile in my direction.

I felt my face flush and my mouth open to an 'O' shape. I wasn't used to this strange affection from him. I absolutely loved it and everything but it was still kinda weird.

I think I was starting to get the feeling he was slightly bipolar.. One minute he's angry, then he's kissing me, then I'm irritating to him, then he's sad, and then he's affectionate.

It's a freaking roller coaster ride.

“What are we doing here?” Russell asked, taking his usual place in front of me. Marian finished a puzzle part and went to sit beside him.

“Talking about the ball. We have to go this time so Amber can meet The Order.” She said.

Russell fiddled with the biggest puzzle part and placed it in front of both of us. We all started assembling pieces and searching. To my understanding, it was suppose to fill the entire table and had around 5000 pieces. It was suppose to be a beautiful view of Florence, Italy.