Bonus Chapter (Russell's POV)

Bonus Chapter

Russell

****I haven't had a lot of time to work on this story so I wanted to share this with everyone reading 'Eternal Elements'. This is the actually one of the first things I wrote pertaining to this story but then I wanted it in Amber's point of view. If you don't read this it won't affect the rest of the story. Since Russel is so cut off from his emotions, I thought it might be a little nice to dip into his mind. This is the first chapter, just in Russell's POV.

I studied the redhead with casual interest and tried not to look horribly obvious about it. I was leaning against a sturdy tree with a book near my face so I could quickly look down in case she or her friend looked over. Her unnatural red hair was straight now but from the pictures I've seen of her, I figured she made it that way with a perm or something. The sun shined down and highlighted the colors in her hair. Her hair actually wasn't just one color. It had light strands and dark ones. Some were bright red, some were orange, and some were bordering close to a soft yellow.

I wonder what it looked like naturally curly....probably crazily outstanding.

Focus, Russell. You have a job to do.

This school didn't seem to care what the students wore so naturally every girl went with the shortest short shorts in the late Spring. 'Red', as I liked to refer to her, wore cut off jean shorts to her mid thigh and a black top with a laced front. Her clothes complemented her curvy, petite frame wonderfully.

Her face, and most likely her entire body, was clear of acne, freckles, and scars. I knew she had her element mark. We all did. I just needed to figure out where it was. Her skin was pale but had a bronze and reddish flushed tint to it, giving of the impression that her skin would be hot if you touched her. Not surprising.

I tipped my head to the side and continued to look at her. My entire being filled with anticipation. I wanted to know her, see her reaction to my world. I wasn't sure if it was because she was going to be the addition to our 'family' or if there was something just painfully enticing about her.

Her brunette friend was chattering away, oblivious at the girl's intentions to get to class. The brunette stopped talking and leaned against the brick walls to pull out a cigarette. Red rolled her eyes at something she said and pulled out a lighter for her. The annoyed redhead gave one more frustrated sigh as she pulled out a book and leaned back against the walls.

A little while later, a bell rang and the redhead looked up at me. I shoved my nose in the book and slowly risked another glance up. To my surprising disappointment, she wasn't looking at me. She was looking just to the side of me where a blonde had sidled up next to me. She had on a pink tube top and a failed attempt at a sultry smile on her face. I scooted away, assuming that she needed to get somewhere but she followed me.

“What's your name?” She purred. I cringed. Her face had a little too much makeup and the heat was making it pour down her face. Her wavy hair stopped at her shoulders and it scratched my cheek when she leaned in.

“I like to stay under the radar.” I said cryptically, snapping the book closed. She didn't looked fazed by my 'leave me the hell alone' tone or stance. She ran a sticky hand up my arm and I flinched. What was wrong with this girl? I glanced up once again at the redhead and she raised an eyebrow at me and the brunette made a disgusted face at the blonde. The blonde grabbed my arm again.

“Hey Michelle!” A male voice yelled.

The blonde, Michelle, rolled her eyes and looked up at the owner of the voice. I looked too. Jock. Was the first thing to come to mind. He was wearing khaki shorts and a blue jersey. “Let's go.” He growled. “Don't you have practice?” Practice? Of course. She must be the cheerleader and he must be the jock. From the way the brunette was stabbing daggers into their backs they must be Winsten High's it couple.

“I'm a little busy Joe.” She said impatient. Joe? That's new. I expected a Matt or Daniel. I picked up my hearing and heard:

“C'mon Elle, let's get to class.” The redhead said, walking a little towards our direction. 'Elle' walked with her and they made it near us when Michelle started walking away. They intersected.

“Eww, freak show alert.” Michelle sniped as she pushed passed them, knocking shoulders with Elle. Redhead grabbed Elle's shoulder and shoved her forward for the look on her face suggested a fight was about to 'go down'.

“Just forget about her.” Redhead answered smoothly.

“You wish Blazer!”

“Blaze.” She muttered the correction to her eerily ironic nickname. She glanced at me and then looked back away. I felt very...out of place. Elle looked my way and her brown eyes were fierce. She shook her head and gripped Red arm. Joe looked at them both appreciatively. I think Blondie could sense it so she grabbed his arm too and started walking away. I could of laughed when they all went away. It was typical teen drama.

I stared after Red as she walked away, strangely feeling like following her around like a lost puppy. I stood up and closed the book, rubbing my chin. I started to follow slowly behind her, feeling relaxed and anxious at the same time.

This was going to be fun.