Chapter 32

James POV

I went back from the station to find Nicholas. Whether or not he's there, it was worth to try. Richard Wright was not only a famous lawyer, he had been elected to be senator of our district, reporting to the single leader of the world. He was a very powerful man and I heard that he struggled to prevent the barcode chip implementation in our district. But what we afraid of had come.

His mansion was enormous and guarded like a fort. How could I come inside without being noticed. I parked my car behind the bushes around a mile away. I walked quietly surrounding the place, trying to find a way in. I walked surround it few times already now. All gates were guarded. Security cameras were everywhere along the gate.

I was lying on my tummy and observing the back gate when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spontaneously attacked the person whose hand touched me.

"JAMES IT'S ME!" I looked closely and knew it was Scott. He stepped backward and rubbed his arm that I held too hard. "Damn! You're so strong."

"How did you find me?" I asked him.

"That," he showed me a security camera set on the surrounding trees. Great, not only they set cameras on the gate but also on the surrounding area.

"You were in there?" I asked him in surprise tone while pointing the mansion.

"Yeah, I'm kind of working for Nicholas' father." He shrugged.

I frowned to him, "what do you mean?"

"I'm not a student okay? I pretended to be one because it's my job to keep my eyes on him."

"So, you're lying to us?" I asked in cynical tone.

"That part yes. But I still consider you both my best friends."

"Best friends don't lie." I said flatly. "I don't even know the real you." I said harshly.

"Okay, I deserve that. Come on, let me take you to Nicholas."

"He's there?" I asked him with a frown.

"Yeah. Come on." He walked us to the gate and it was opened for us by the guards. "Where have you been? I'm worried sick."

"Are you?" I asked him still in sarcastic tone. Deep down I didn't trust him.

He stopped walking and stared at me, "okay, I lied to you about me being a student, but no need to act like an asshole."

I ignored him.

We entered the mansion and I saw Nicholas climbing down the stairs. He was shocked when he saw me and ran toward me. We gave each other's big hug.

For a moment I forgot the anger in me for him bringing my mom and Jacob here. But soon after we released each other, I confronted him. "Are you stupid or what?" I yelled at him after that awkward hug. "Why the hell you brought my mom here?"

"I told her not to," he said defending himself. "She insisted to come. She's in your apartment with Jacob."

"No, she's not. She and Jacob went back to Rosewood already, I asked her too. It's too dangerous for her here."

"You're right." He said and looked at me in awkward way. "Let's talk in my room."

He walked me to his bedroom. It was in second floor and never in my life entered bigger mansion than this. I looked around and found no one. Scott left us once Nicholas and I met. So it seemed as if it's just the two of us. He then opened a big door in front of us. We came inside.

He closed the door and sat on the sofa in the room and I did too.

"We have lots to talk about." He said to me. "But first, I want you to tell me where you've been."