Chapter 10

Please vote and comment. Thanks

Chapter 10 - Nick POV

I looked at Mia, sleeping in my arms. I almost lost her today. I was so grateful that she brought me to my senses again. I've often regretted things I did because of my hot tempered. But at least, Mia won't be one of them.

"You're awake," She said to me softly then snuggled back to me.

"Do you still want to stay with me?" I asked her, "Even though after experiencing my hot tempered?"

She looked deeply to me, "With all my heart, yes. Never leave me again, Nick. I beg of you."

I smiled to her and grateful for that.

After the morning came, I dropped her to the restaurant like always and headed to the hospital myself. Just around noon, I was called by my mom. She said that Mia was missing. I was shocked and tried to call her cell but couldn't get through. I then went to the restaurant to my mom.

"Mom! What do you mean she's missing?" I asked her.

She was crying, something I rarely saw in my mom, "I don't know. One thing she was here and then suddenly she was gone. I asked everyone to look for her, but none of them saw her. I asked Nana and she said that she didn't come home yet."

I prayed to God that she's at my place, so I ran off from the restaurant to my car and drove it as fast as I could to my home.

When I saw her sitting on the floor of my porch with her knees folded to her chest and with her face down to her knee I finally could relax. "Mia, what are you doing here?"

She lifted her head and looked at me, soon her tears flowing down like stream and she screamed to me, "I don't want to go, please don't let them take me."

I walked to her and tried to calm her but she was getting more hysterical than before. She screamed again and again. "MIA! MIA! CALM DOWN!" I yelled at her.

Her face fell and she looked devastated than ever, "Nick," she stepped back only for two steps, a look of defeats. She then shook her head, "Not you too."

"What is it?" I asked her, "Mia, tell me what's going on. This morning we're fine, but why suddenly you're like this."

"You didn't know?" She asked me softly.

"What?" I asked her again. She was mumbling something and I just lost my patient on this, "I need you to tell me everything that happened since this morning I dropped you in the restaurant. Can you do that?"

She nodded.

I then guided her to the living room in my home. I gave her a glass of water and she sipped a bit.

"I was waitressing like always. It was lunch time, many guests so I didn't notice it until I was waiting on their table."

"Who're they?" I asked her.

She looked up to me who was cuddling her on my coach. "My parents," she said sounded choked. "They were there and they hugged me and said how much they missed me." She then wiped her tears before she continued, "I was shocked, never expected them to be there. Then they talk to your parents. They knew each other and they thanked your parents for taking care of me and it's time for me to go home." Her grips on my shirt became stronger, "I don't want to go home. You don't know what they did to me. Please Nick, don't let them take me."

I pulled her to my arms and soothed her, "No one will take you anywhere if you don't want to."

Our conversation was interrupted by my phone. I answered and it was my mom. "Yes, she's here in my house."