Chapter 27

Nicholas POV

I stormed inside as fast as I could and went to the maternity ward and found Isaac in the waiting room. I went inside and looking for her room when a nurse asked me, "sir, may I help you?"

"Yes, I'm with Mia brown, I'm her boyfriend."

She frowned to me and I asked her, "where is she?"

"Follow me," she said and she opened a door where I heard Mia screaming. I ran to her side, held her hand and kissed her.

"You're here, you're finally here, aargh!!!!" She screamed again in pain.

I held her hand and Allie said to me, "we've been waiting for you."

"I'm sorry." I said to her.

"No," she cried. "I'm so sorry. Nicholas. Please forgive me. Argh...!"

"One more push Mia." The doctor said.

She squeezed my hand and she pushed. I heard the baby crying. I looked at him, he was ugly and covered with blood. The nurse carried her and cleaned her.

"You did great, baby. I love you." I said to her and kissed her. I missed her so much.

"I love you too. I'm sorry." She said again with tears falling down.

"No, don't. Stop saying that." I said kissing her forehead and wiped her tears.

"Are you ready to meet your baby boy?" The nurse asked.

We nodded and she placed the baby to Mia's arms. He's so beautiful.

"Look at him," she said to me, "meet your mommy and daddy."

"Oh my god, I'm a father," I said to her. She looked at me and giggled with my statement. Never thought that my tears fell down, too overwhelmed with this happiness I felt in my heart.

"Do you know the name already?" The nurse asked.

Mia looked at me and I said, "you name him."

"I don't know." She said.

"Let's write baby boy brown then."

"No," she said, "it's baby boy wright."

---------------------------------------------

It was middle of the night and Jacob cried again. Mia was too tired but she never complained and she always awoke and went to him, not even once she let me do the job. But not this time. I purposely put the baby monitor near me so when I heard him, I directly took it and went to his room.

I changed his diaper and gave him formula. I sat on the couch in his room and looked at him eating. He's so beautiful, he's my son.

It's been 3 months since he was born and 2 months since Mia and I legally married. I dropped out from my school and stayed at rosewood ever since. She blamed herself all the time but I always told her that it has nothing to do with Jacob. I just couldn't live without them. Isaac was kind enough to hire me as sous chef in his restaurant. It's not much but enough.

My dad called me once when I left school. He only clarified the news. I told him that I had a son and moved to rosewood, he didn't care at all. He still send me money like always, but ever since I moved here, never once I took it. I just let them piled up in my bank account.

"Why don't you wake me?" Mia standing by the door asked me. She looked so sleepy.

"You're sleeping. Go back to bed, I got this." I told her.

She wiped her eyes and walked to me. She sat on the floor near my feet. She held my feet and laid her head on my lap.

"Am I having two babies?" I asked her playfully.