A Thug's Bliss: Twenty

Excuse my mistakes, like always. This will be a short book, so it might have 5 more or 8 chapters left. Something between 25-30. Also, Amyricale is pronounced 'a miracle' and this chapter was rushed, so forgive me.

Chapter 20

Mickie

I felt tears blurry my eye vision and I couldn't help it when I started to cry.

Mrs. Vargas came over to hug and console me. "Don't cry, Mickie. You deserve everything good that's coming your way-- this is just one of them."

I was just overwhelmed with the fact that I'd gotten accepted to my dream school and that I was pregnant at such a bad time.

I wanted to get my education and enroll in Harvard this fall, but I was pregnant.

Pregnancy was suppose to be a happy, exciting time for a woman, but I couldn't lie-- I wish I wasn't pregnant. I saw it as a barrier, blocking my way to my future.

Mrs. Vargas pulled away from the hug with a frown on her face. "What's wrong, dear? You look like something is on your mind."

I opened my mouth to tell her, but bit down on my lip, deciding against it.

Although, Mrs. Vargas was a guidance counselor and nobody else would know about our confidential conversation, I didn't want Mrs. Vargas to think I was some fast little ass girl instead of the innocent, sweet Mickie, she perceived me to be.

"I'm fine," I faked a smile as I wiped my tears away. Mrs. Vargas gave me some more encouraging words before I was on my way to my next class since Mr. Davis's class was already over.

Gym was always a tiring period for me. Lately, I've been lying to the coach and telling him that I was on my period when I really wasn't in the mood.

Me and Aubree were the only girls left in the locker room changing, but we took our sweet time anyway.

"So, Mickie when we gonna go back to the club?" Aubree asked, taking off her skin tight jeans, revealing her black panties.

We got changed in front of each other many times before so it wasn't like we were uncomfortable. We were both girls anyway.

"I got you on Friday," I smiled at her.

"Aww, forreal? Don't lie to me bitch, cause I know how you is."

"I'm serious," I replied. I knew how much Aubree loved going to clubs just for the drinks and since she's been back she hasn't been to any clubs, so I know it must've been killing her.

"Alright, bitch. This Friday, don't front." Aubree said, pulling on her grey sweatpants that was two sizes too big for her.

As soon as I took off my shirt, Aubree started saying 'awww.'

"Oh my God, I can't believe there's a baby growing in your stomach! Hey, Amyricale, it's your auntie," Aubree started talking to my stomach and rubbing it.

"Amyricale? What kinda ghetto mess is that?" I laughed at her.

"Shut up, its cute. I saw it in some book I was reading, okay. Don't judge me."

"How you even know if it's a girl?"

"Cause I'm psychic."

I just shook my head and laughed.

"So when you gonna tell Money about it, huh? And what about that full scholarship to Harvard?" Aubree asked. I shrugged.

"Mickie, everything happen for a reason and I'm sure you'll choose the right decision, even though I think you should keep my lil' niece or nephew. If you tell Money, maybe he could make that decision with you."