A Thug's Bliss: Eleven

Excuse the mistakes. Thank you to everyone who is commenting and voting. Next chapter will be better, this was kind of rushed because people were asking me to update and I hate keeping y'all waiting. I have school, so don't be mad, I have slow updates!!

| Chapter 11 |

                                                            Mickie

           I caught the bus to the other side of town. It was around midnight and I had to admit I was scared. All I was wearing was a black hoodie, jeans and some old Nikes. I wasn't trying to impress anybody and get unwanted attention from men in the night.

I looked behind me and walked faster. I was still kinda paranoid about that boy holding me at gunpoint, trying to rape me.

"Yo!" I heard someone call to me. That voice sounded so familiar, that I looked over my shoulder to see who it was. I squinted trying to remember where I saw him before. Then it struck me. It was Trey's friend, Reese. The one that kept calling me 'baby mama.'

"Hi," I gave him a small smile out of shyness. "Where you headed?" He approached me. He was fine, but not Money fine.

"Uhm," I pointed down the street, "To my Grandma's house." I lied.

"Word?" I nodded, timidly.

"Tell my Grandma in law, I said hi." I giggled at his comment.

"I like yo laugh. It's sexy." A smile grew its way on my face as I looked every where but his face.

"You should let me do that."

"Do what?" I said, not understanding what he was talking about.

"Make you laugh." I looked down at the concrete, self-consciously. "Can I get yo phone number or somethin'?" I nodded, reaching in my pocket to give him my phone. No one ever asked me for my phone number before, except Money and I was surprised to get this kind of attention from boys all of a sudden. Did my physical appearance change over the summer or something?

After we exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes, I continued to walk down the block.

I was so happy and smiling like a fool, that I didn't even notice Patrice on a street corner with Caramel crying. "What's wrong Caramel?" I said, bending down to her level.

"Fuck her. Stop babyin' her, she bouta be three real soon." I shot a look of disgust at Patrice who was puffin' away on a cigarette. I knew Patrice was a bad mother from the start.

I mean, who names their child Caramel?

Patrice had nothing on but a short black dress that barely covered her ass and clear stilettos heels. She had on heavy makeup, so I knew she just left where she worked which was the hottest strip club, Daddy's Little Girls. Patrice was bad, but one day all that smoking was goin' to catch up to her.

Caramel was dressed in a light blue spaghetti strap dress with gladiator sandals. Her hair was brushed in to a bun and her edges were laid. Although, Patrice was a bad mother, she made sure Caramel looked good because she said she had a 'reputation to keep.'

"She's only two and you got her out here on the corner!" I rolled my eyes at a man who walked by, fox whistling at Patrice.

Patrice winked at the man. "At least she learnin' the ropes while she young." She said, turning her attention back towards me. How could she say something like that?