A Thug's Bliss: Twenty Three

Excuse my mistakes. Also, check out my new book Crooked if you haven't already :). Thanks for reading guys.

Chapter 23

Dre

A week later...

Everybody left the church, leaving me in there alone.

I heard footsteps coming towards my direction and I didn't even bother to turn to look at who it was.

I felt the person pat my back before sitting down next to me.

"Dre I kno how you feeling, I'm sorry." Money said. I couldn't even respond.

I was just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I had lost my baby.

"What you wanna do?" Money asked me as we both looked up at the closed small white casket.

I just shook my head and stared down at my hands, not ready to talk about it.

I was suppose to protect her and I couldn't even do that. Now she was gone and she ain't never coming back.

The guilt was eating me alive and I swore to God that if Patrice had something to do with this, I was gonna kill her, straight up.

The gunman didn't even point the gun towards me, he emptied the bullets into Caramel's body. One hit her head which was why I had to have a close casket because her face was disfigured.

"Dre I'm not letting her or anybody who gotta do with this live. We in the house of The Lord, that's why I ain't do nothin yet, but I swear Dre, if you don't kill her, I will and that's on my mama and Caramel."

The words he said resonated in my head.

"I needa go to the bathroom." I heard Money's footsteps descend away from me.

I got up when the people that got ready to carry Caramel's casket to the hearse came.

"Please be careful.." I told them. They nodded and we started to head out of the church.

Mickie

"You bitch!" Patrice yelled, running up on Dre as soon as he came out of the church. Her palm connected with his cheek and you could hear the loud 'clap' sound.

Onlookers from the funeral looked in shock at the scene that was about to unfold.

"You got my baby killed! YOUU got my baby killed!" Patrice screamed, tears running down her face as she pummeled her fists onto Dre's chest. "I told you! I told you! You ain't wanted to listen!"

By the look of Aubree's face, she wanted to step in, but she already promised me that she would behave especially at my cousin's funeral.

"Get out of my face," Dre said, calmly not even looking at her. I could tell that he was heartbroken. I could see the pain in his eyes even though his face was blank and cold.

I was disappointed in Patrice for acting up because now was not the time. They had both just lost a child and she was acting a fool.

"Naw nigga! I ain't gettin outta shit! I knew I should've let Nikko kill you when the chance was given! I hate you! I hate you!" Patrice started punching, slapping, kicking and even spitting on Dre.

I was about to step in, but Tre did before me.

"Get the fuck off him," Tre pushed her with such force that it landed her on the ground.

I hadn't seen him in so long, that I forgot how long it was.

He had looked much grown from the last time I had seen him and his eyes seemed much darker even though the specks of green were still there.