A Thug's Bliss: Twelve

Excuse my mistakes. I had writer's block for the longest on this story and now I'm finally out of it. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 12

                                       Mickie

  The past couple of weeks went by quickly. I wasn't talking to Money and he wasn't talking to me. I guess he was mad that I snapped at him.

Drake's "Worst Behavior" ranged in my ear. I groaned turning around in my bed. My phone continuously ringed, making me reach for it on the nightstand.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Hello? Is this Mickie Thomas?"

"This is she. Who this?"

"Hello, Mickie. I'm Mrs. Williams and I'm the lawyer of your brother." I sat up, rubbing my eyes harder. I took a glimpse at the clock and saw that it read 6:38 in the morning. It was way too early for this bullshit.

"Really? Goodbye."
"Wait, ma'am don't hang up! Mikey, your brother told me to call you on his own demands. I'm not making this up!"

I went silent as my breathing rate increased. "Who pranks somebody like this? What the fuck!"

"Ma'am, please. This isn't a prank. Just hear me out." I kept my mouth closed, indicating that I was going to listen to her.

"Your brother Mikey wanted me to call you. He's in state jail for the sell of illegal narcotics and capital murder. He wants to speak to you. If you're not busy today, I can make an adjustment for you to see him around 12 p.m?"

I swear the look on my face was priceless. Mikey? My brother? How did he even get my number, it's been four years.

"He wasn't man enough to call me himself?"

"He had some things he had to say to you, that he couldn't say over the phone." I nodded as if she could see me. For four years, he vanished. Everybody including myself thought he was dead. I felt as if this was a dream.

"Ok-okay." I listened to Mrs. Williams instructions on how to get to the jail and everything.

"Goodbye, Mickie. I hope to see you today at 12."
"Alright." I hanged up and once I did, I started bawling.

                                           ++++++++++++++++++++++++

 I rubbed my sweaty palms against my pants as I followed the guard to the visitation room.  I skipped school just so I could come to meet up with Mikey and his lawyer. Once we entered, I saw other inmates sitting down, some with their families.

The guard guided me to a chair next to a petite black lady. I'm guessing this was Mrs. Williams. Noticing me, she stood up from her chair and extended her hand to shake mine. She introduced herself to me and I introduced myself right back.

She was telling me about all types of felonies my brother had gotten charged with and all I could do was sit back and think, this dumb ass nigga.

I just wanted to see Mikey. I wanted him to explain himself.

"Here he comes,'' Mrs. Williams announced. My stomach started hurting. I looked around and when I saw him, my eyes instantly watered. I thought I would never see him again. Mikey's once shoulder length dreads, were now down his back. You could tell he had been working out because he most definitely had a jail body. He looked much grown than 19 years old.