A Thug's Bliss: Twenty One

Excuse my mistakes. I think this is the earliest I've updated, so YAYY :D. I want to thank everybody that's following me, reading, commenting and voting because I've recently just hit 1K followers :)). Also, check out my story I just put out called, "Crooked."

Chapter 21

Mickie

After a week of thinking, I knew the decision I had to make.

"Come in!" I heard Mrs. Vargas yell out after my knocking on her door.

I opened it and entered her office. She smiled, seeing me. "Hey, sweetheart."

"Hi, Mrs. Vargas." I smiled sweetly.

"What brings you here today, Mickie?" Mrs. Vargas asked, walking around her desk in her 5 inch heels to look for some paperwork, I'm guessing.

"I, uh," I stuttered. I pulled the envelope from my bookbag, deciding I could show her better than I could tell her. I walked a couple of steps up to Mrs. Vargas who was searching through a pile of papers.

I gave her the letter and she looked at me confused. "What's this?"

"My Harvard letter." I paused for a second, catching a lump in my throat. "I-I give up my scholarship to Harvard."

Mrs. Vargas face dropped instantly. "You what? Mickie, why?" She asked, sounding utterly sad and surprised.

I know I sounded crazy to her, especially since she didn't know the reason behind me giving my scholarship up.

Money wanted me to keep the baby, but he didn't forced me to not follow my dreams. He told me that he would support whatever decision I made and if I decided to keep my baby, he would be there for me, 100 percent.

When I asked him why he didn't make me get an abortion like Alaysia, he told me that he didn't want a money hungry hoe having his baby and he would never do me like that.

I sighed, not knowing what to tell her.

"Mrs.--"

"Mickie, please reconsider your decision! Some kids will kill, to have an opportunity like the one you have! Do you really want to deny an scholarship from Harvard? An Ivy League college? Please tell me there's an good reason behind this!"

Hearing Mrs. Vargas say that made me doubt my decision for a second, but I already made up my mind.

"I know, Mrs. Vargas. It's just that," I stopped. "I'm pregnant and I want to keep my baby."

It went quiet as Mrs. Vargas looked at me with sympathy.

"Mickie, I-I know what you're going through. I've been in your same shoes when I first got pregnant with my son. You're a bright girl, who has a bright future and I would hate to see it go to waste. Take these online college brochures and see me in a week, if you're interested."

I smiled at her. "Thank you for your help."

+++

"Yoooo, Mr. Davidson you a bitch ass nigga!" One of the ignorant boys in my History class named Tyrone yelled out.

I could feel my eyes rolling to the back of my head for what felt like the fifteenth since I've been in here, which was only 10 minutes.

I, was in the back of the classroom with all of the dickheads while Aubree was all the way in the front where Alaysia was.

I had cramps all on the side of my stomach and I just didn't feel good.

"If you feel the must to use the N word in my class, please get out, Tyrone," Mr. Davidson replied, raising his hand to point at the door.