~25~ The Moderate [a Vampire/Slave story]

Chapter 25

"Why the hell is she in a coma, Milton? What happened?" I asked, pulling on Milton's sleeve. He sighed.

"She was walking in a forest with Mirage and her boyfriend, and a witch tried to attack Mirage, but Imperia selflessly absorbed the power of the spell herself. Her boyfriend and Mirage watch over her everyday now, I'm so thankful to them. I never thought that for someone Mirage's age, she could be so caring towards her master," Milton explained, rubbing his head. "I just wish the whole thing never happened, and that the witch was never there in the first place."

"I know," I took a deep breath as I pondered about my unspoken question. "Imperia has a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, you can meet him when you go back to England."

"Okay."

"So that means you are going back to England with me?" Milton smirked in a hopeful way.

"Maybe, now that you put it that way, I'm having second thoughts," I answered just to annoy him a little.

"Aww, don't be like that with me. You have to see Imperia."

"Oh yeah, how's Imperia doing?" I could hardly believe how selfish I was acting at the moment, changing the subject unconsciously to Imperia's supposed boyfriend.

"She's progressing a little, but not much. You see, the witch was really young so her power was still very uncontrolled, if a more experienced witch did it, the power would probably be all gone by now. I think she used too much energy and nearly killed Imperia with it. Right now there's only a fifty fifty chance that Imperia will actually, ever wake up, and the chances are getting smaller and smaller."

"No," I whispered in fear, and clutched my t-shirt anxiously. "Imperia's really strong, she'll definitely survive, right?"

"I have no guarantees," Milton shrugged, but frowned, as if he were in deep physical pain, yet nothing had attacked his body.

"How's," I started, and hesitated, "Chaos doing?"

"He got married," Milton shrugged again, but this time he really didn't care.

"To who?"

"To...um...Cerberus."

"CERBERUS?! The two of them...are....are.....gay?!" I asked in a louder than normal voice, then quieted myself down. [A/N: if you read my other stories, you know I'm a huge supporter of gay couples :3 so I wanted one of those kind of couples in here too!)

"It's actually pretty cute," Milton said, smiling.

"What's so cute about an innocent boy and an old vampire getting married?" I asked in a sour tone. "Was it an arranged marriage?"

"Surprisingly, no, Cerberus actually said yes to Chaos' wedding proposal. Chaos hasn't wanted to marry anyone in a few centuries."

"Man, you guys are old."

"And so will you be after a few hundred years, after I'm just absolutely ancient, and we're married, and have had sex."

"Well, anyways, go on," I said, blushing.

"Okay, so Cerberus was changing when Chaos walked in on him accidentally. He got really embarrassed but Chaos was used to half naked guys because well, he's a guy, and just walked past him. Ever since that day, he was infatuated with him, and Chaos liked him too. And then like, a month later, they're all huggy, and lovey, and disgusting. Gah!"

"Did they have sex yet?" I asked, expecting a yes to escape from Milton's mouth.

"No, not yet," he replied, raising his eyebrow.