~12~ The Moderate [a Vampire/Slave story]

Chapter 12

"You're done already?" Allister was amazed at my speed of finishing my order. I nodded, unaware of my unusual skills.

"You're too fast." Darcy commented, laughing. He had only drunk half of his espresso, and didn't even start on his chocolate pie yet.

"I always eat like this," I said. I couldn't see why they were making such a big deal out of it.

"Don't you ever get a stomachache?" Kevin wondered. I shook my head.

"Not really," I answer, shrugging.

Really, it's not that big of a deal is it?

MILTON'S POV

"I'm going to go to the bathroom," Hayden said suddenly, and she walked towards a corner of the café. The four boys rested their eyes on me.

"You're Hayden's master?" Kevin asked me. I nodded.

"You like her, don't you?"

"What?" I almost choked on my espresso. "What makes you think that?"

"Dude, we're only a little younger than you. We can tell things just by looking at your face," Allister smirked at my uneasiness.

"I'm sure you're not experienced enough, or else you would know that we have no feelings for each other..." I trailed off nervously.

"You know what I think?" Darcy looked at me.

"What...do you think?" I asked him.

"That you...love...Hayden. It's obvious in your eyes. I'm the oldest out of these four, which is an advantage that I use because I can see through people easily. Even people older than me."

I shake my head frantically. This was not going so well.

How am I going to deny the fact that I like Hayden before she returns from the bathroom?

God damn it!

Hayden walked out of the bathroom, and sat down next to me. The rest of the group's eyes remain on me, forcing me to leave with an apology and excuse of having to get home. To make the four guys happy, I took Hayden to her dorm when they suggested it.

"What's up with you today? You're acting weird and nice," Hayden commented worriedly, observing my face and body.

"I d-don't know," I shuddered from her hand on my arm.

"Is there something wrong? Did Naomi do something? Imperia?" Hayden seemed really worried. I smiled at her.

"Don't worry about me it's nothing. Really," I insisted. She gave me a doubtful look but started walking again. We reached the girl's dormitories and she turned around.

"Okay, well I'll see you later," she said, biting her lip.

I couldn't help but brush her bangs out of her face, and plant a small kiss on her forehead.

"Okay, Hayden," I looked at her for a reaction. She was bright red and a smile was creeping onto her face.

"Bye," she said, and I hugged her and left.

I grinned as I drove back to the mansion.

~

~

~

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Imperia pounced on me as soon as I walked in the front door.

"Nothing happened," I gave her a weird look.

"Liar! Your cheeks are pink!" she slapped my shoulder. "I'm the one who told you what to do, now you tell me the results or else I can't help you the next time you need help with Hayden!"