~3~ The Moderate [a Vampire/Slave story]

Chapter 3

"Come on, Hayden," Miss Pent pulled me backstage. We had arrived at the V.A.B. about three hours ago. I struggled desperately to memorize Master's instructions.

"Don't say anything, stand straight, don't slouch, watch the crowd carefully, and most importantly, act like a boy!" she whispered frantically, then pulled me with her from behind the curtains. There were at least a hundred or more vampires sitting at small tables, looking at me. Miss Pent started speaking loudly.

"This slave is a boy, virgin, obedient, caring, and the bid starts at 10,000," she announced. I saw many female vampires and was beyond excited.

I may just get a female master! I thought in glee. My happiness increased when I heard a feminine voice shout, "50,000!"

Then....."90,000!"

"100,000!"

"500,000," a male voice yelled. The female vamp looked worried now.

"1,000,000," the same man shouted again. My hope was crushed.

"Sold!" Master finally spoke. I dared to take a peek at her. She shrugged her shoulders and led me off the stage so she could talk with the man who had bought me. I watched them talk in sheer terror. The idea of being dominated by someone I didn't know was terrifying to me.

MILTON'S POV

Megan hugged her slave, and whispered, "You be good, okay?" the boy nodded silently.

"Hurry up, human," I hissed as I handcuffed the slave's hands together. He glanced at me in pure fear and followed after me, trying to keep up with my pace. I didn't even know why I bought the little brat. He just looked rather attractive for a human so young.

~

~

~

"Mother I'm home!" I rolled my eyes at Chaos, who immediately saw my slave and laughed.

"You bought a slave, right?" she called, coming into our living room.

"Oh, she's so cute," she commented. I felt the boy beside me stiffen a bit.

"Mom? He's a boy." I said. She just smirked. I found it a little odd that my mom smirked so often.

"If you say so. Ciao!" she left the room. The slave looked at me fearfully.

"Did I say you could look at me?" I yelled. He almost immediately looked down. Something didn't smell quite right.

"Wait, you're not a human?" I asked. He didn't look up and he was too afraid to answer.

"Look at me and answer my question, you retard!" I shook him on the shoulders. He rested his gaze on my uncertainly.

"Master, I'm a human," he lied. I could smell the fear and lie in his eyes. I slapped him across his sorry cheek.

"You're a dirty liar," I spat viciously at him. "Now tell me what you are!"

"A Flat Moderate, Master," he mumbled, refusing to let his eyes rest upon me. I observed his entire appearance in distaste and confusion. He was much too fragile looking to be a guy. And his clothes were a mess, a torn blue t-shirt and moth eaten sweatpants were all he had on. Also, he was kinda short for a supposed 17-year-old.

"A Flat Moderate, huh? Prove it to me," I snorted, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Umm, how?" he asked, scratching his head. I didn't bother to tell him to call me Master. It was unnerving to me anyways.

"I don't read my mind. Do something," I smirked when he started to struggle with his brain.

"You're thinking that I'm the most stupid being you've ever met," he muttered sadly.

"Good, you are a Flat Moderate. Now go help my mom or something," I led him to the kitchen, which was like a mile away from my room but whatever. I returned to my room and called up a random chick to come over and hang out for a quick fuck.

HAYDEN'S POV

"Master sent me to help you," I said, clutching my old blue t-shirt for safety. The woman Master had called Mother was quite beautiful. She had black curly hair with brown eyes and a warm, friendly smile.

"He's probably inviting his girl buddy over," she replied, shaking her head in disapproval. "So you're really a boy?"

I nodded vigorously at this question. She couldn't find out I was a girl...at least for now.

"Yet you look so feminine, hmm?" she said, smirking a little when I looked around the room nervously.

"I g-guess I was just born that way," I made sure to deepen my voice. She laughed.

"Hun, don't even try that on me. You look like a girl, you act like a girl, you smell like a girl, and I have a photo of you," she held up the picture of me with my long hair.

"Who gave you that!" I asked fiercely.

"Calm down, cupcake. Miss Pent just came over and sent this to me," Mrs. Wisely informed me.

"Why?" I whined.

"Maybe because she didn't want you to be slaughtered when we found out?" she suggested. I shrugged.

We were interrupted by a loud moan from upstairs.

"My son is such a manwhore." Mrs. Wisely complained.