Heart Skips a Beat - Chapter Eleven

A/n: IM SO SORRY OMG I didn’t mean for this to take that long, omfg. It’s really short and boring too, which I apologize again for. Anyway, yeah, Don’t hate meee….xx

Previously:“Let”s go visit our secret clubhouse!” He whispered, an evil grin spreading across his face. 

“Are you sure we’re going to be able to find it again? And why are we whispering?” I whispered back.

“The Tommo can find anything! And it adds a more dramatic effect.” He grinned. I just shook my head at him, laughing. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the forest. 

XX

I followed Louis through out the forest, dead twigs snapping under my feet as we walked. 

“Lou, I’m not really wearing the best shoes for this adventure.” I whined, looking down at my soaked red Toms. 

Louis, who was already quite ahead of me, skipped back towards where I was standing, and swooped me off my feet. 

“Louis! What are you doing? Put me down, right now!” I demanded, scowling at him. 

“I’m just taking the princess to her castle!” He smirked, stopping at a big, old tree. 

I looked up to see why he stopped, when I realized this was the tree that held our tree house. 

I hadn’t realized how old it actually looked. The last time I was here, it was pretty dark and I couldn’t see a thing.

There were no leaves bearing from the old tree, only dead looking branches. The bark was more grey than brown, and was peeling in various places all throughout the tree. Then there was the tree house. It may have been pink at one point in its life, but now it was more an old yellowing pink, and the paint was chipping, so you could see the original wood. How did they convince me to climb up there again? 

“Come on, Love, let’s climb up!” Louis exclaimed, coming up from behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. He pushed me all the way to the tree, his chin resting on my shoulder.

“I won’t let you fall, I promise.” He whispered into my ear, awaking the butterflies in my stomach. 

Trying hard not to make him realize I was blushing, I started climbing up the wooden steps nailed into the tree, silently cursing Louis and his ability to flatter me into doing anything. 

When we both reached the top, I heard a noise coming from inside the tree house. Louis motioned me to stay back as he pretend to be James Bond, and silently snuck into the tree house. 

“Please don’t be another dead body or Jensen.” I silently prayed. I heard Louis shriek, and ran into the tree house worried.

Louis was crouched down in the corner of the tree house, pointing at something in the window frame. I laughed when I saw what was frightening him. 

“Aw, Lou, it’s just a squirrel!” I giggled, walking towards the window frame. I tripped over my own feet, falling to the ground with a bang, and scaring the squirrel away. I could hear Louis chuckling behind me. 

“Nice one.” He joked, and I sent him a glare.

“At least I’m not afraid of innocent squirrels!” I shot back, wiping the grin off of his face. 

“They are so not innocent! Squirrels are evil, I can see it in the way they move their tails.” He stated in total seriousness, glaring out the window.

“Their..what? Oh Lou, I’ll protect you from them, don’t worry!” I chucked, settling myself beside him. Louis wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and pulled me closer to him, so my half my body was resting on him.

“Honestly Lou, I’m scared. And I don’t mean of squirrels.” I admitted, closing my eyes and snuggling closer to him. He was warm, just like Niall.

Niall. Even thinking the name made my stomach flip. How his beautiful blue eyes lit up when he saw food, or his perfect warm smile, and the way his hand would feel enclosed in mine…

“I know Kiana, me too. But you have us, and Zayn, who we all know would like to rip his head off the second he saw him.” Louis replied, breaking me train of thought.

“I just don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost you guys. I know I’ve only been here for three months, but I’ve grown really attached to all of you.” I mumbled. 

” We’ve grown really attached to you, as well. When Simon told us that some one with powers was coming, all I could think was ‘oh great, another show off.’ But you’re weren’t. There was just something about you that’s…different.You don’t have to worry, we’re not going to leave you even if you asked us too.” He reassured me, kissing the top of my head. 

“Good.” 

The tree house went silent after that. It wasn’t an awkward silence, it was nice. I felt very safe next to Louis. 

“Lou, I have a question,” I asked, breaking the silence. 

“Mmm?” He replied. I turned my head up to look at him, and noticed he had his eyes closed, and he was smiling. 

“Don’t take this the wrong way or anything, but why don’t you have a girlfriend? I mean, you’re pretty fit, It’s not like girls don’t like you. Or am I missing something…?” I asked, and Louis opened his eyes, laughing. 

“No, I’m not gay, if that’s what you’re asking. It’s just hard with what we do, to have a girlfriend. You never know what could happen, and I’d rather not bring someone like that into this kind of life.” He explained. 

“Oh.” 

“And I doubt the girl that I like now, would ever like me back.” He half smiled at me, his eyes sad.

“She’d be stupid not to like you back, Lou. Why wouldn’t she? You’re perfect.”

“I think she has a thing for one of my best mates.” 

“Ah.” 

“What about you? There has to be someone you like…” Louis questioned me, changing the subject.

“No.” I replied a little bit to quickly, blushing. Louis smirked, catching my lie, then his face expression changed all together. 

“It’s Niall…Isn’t it?” he asked, his blue eyes looking…sad?

When I didn’t reply, he sighed and ran his hand through his messy brown hair. 

“What is it, Lou?”

“Promise me something, okay?” He asked, his clear blue eyes glued to mine.

I hesitated. The last time I’d said that was to Jensen…

“Anything, Lou.”

“I’m about to tell you something, and I don’t want it to ruin our friendship. Pinky promise?” I laughed and nodded, holding out my pinky. We shook on it. 

Louis pushed me off of him, and sat up straight, facing towards me. He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. He rubbed his temples, thinking about something. 

“You know that girl I mentioned earlier? I think I’m falling for her, hard. She’s absolutely beautiful, and has the greatest personality. But like I already said, I think she has a thing for one of my mates, and he for her. I tried to get over her, I really did, but it just made it worse. I was more attuned to every little thing that she did, and it just made me fall faster. She has the most adorable laugh, and when she smiles at you, you can’t help but smile as well. And her eyes, her beautiful, brown eyes…” He stopped, opening his eyes and looking into mine. 

“Lou…” I whispered. This wasn’t happening. He couldn’t…could he? 

Louis leaned in closer, ducking his head. His lips were so close to touching mine…

“Lou, Kiana…? You guys up there?” An Irish voice rang out from below.