Heart Skips a Beat - Chapter one

A/N: okay guys, here it is. My first ever fan fic asjfgjkas Idk. I hope you like it I guess. Leave me feedback too?? Okay bye now. 

Summary: This was a big deal for Kiana. She had got accepted into the best school, Ivanna, who only took people in if they had good talents. She needed to concentrate on school if she wanted to make it as her dream career. She didn’t realize that things at this school are different, very different. And she definitely  didn’t expect to fall in love.

The icy wind was cold on my face as I walked up the crooked stairs into the huge, beige building. I took a deep breathe, and grasped the door handle that lead into the building. It felt cold in my grasp. 

“Okay Kiana, you’ll be fine. It’s only ten months until you get to see your family again, no big deal.” I said, trying to convince myself that this wasn’t that bad. And honestly, it wasn’t. 

I had got accepted into Ivanna, the school where the best talents got accepted. It was a great opportunity for me, if I wanted to make a career out of swimming. The only thing was that it was in London, England, while all my family and friends were back in a little town called Innisfail, all the way in Canada. Of course I was totally psyched to be spending my last two years of high school in London, I was super freaked out as well. 

As I walked down the empty hallway (I guess since everyone was in class. Duh.) I could feel my nerves acting up again. I tried calming myself by taking more deep breaths, and before I knew it, I was standing in front of the secretaries desk, which had a sign that read ‘Mrs. Morgan’, and she was handing me all my papers. 

“You’re in room 107. Here’s your schedule, and if you need anything don’t be afraid to ask.” She smiled,her green eyes warm. She looked quite young, her honey brown hair just falling past her shoulders. I mumbled a ‘thanks’ and started making my way out of the office. But before I made it out of there, I ran into someone and fell right on my bum. And of course, the papers that Mrs. Morgan just gave me flew everywhere. 

“Whoa there miss, might want to watch where you’re going” a handsome, British, voice said, and he offered me a hand. I took it, and when I was on my feet and actually took a look at him, he was very attractive. He had shaggy brown hair which was swooped to one side, and beautiful blue eyes. He was wearing dark blue pants, with a striped shirt, which he completed with a pair of suspenders.I mumbled an apology to the handsome man (I seem to be mumbling a lot. C’mon Kiana!) and he bent over and collected all my lost papers. I gave him a polite ‘thank you’ (without mumbling this time!) as he handed me my stuff. He winked at me before heading into Mrs. Morgan’s office.

“Ahh Louis. Back so soon? It’s been what, like two hours? What did you do this time?” She asked the blue eyed boy. He flopped down into the brown armchair that I had been sitting in minutes before, and pulled his feet up so he was sitting crossed legged and his attention fixed on Mrs. Morgan’s face.

“Honestly, I think Mr. Christensen totally overreacted. All I did was tip a can of paint over curly’s hair. He was joking around and asking everyone if he should dye his perfect curls, so I took the liberty and did it myself.” He answered. 

I laughed to myself as I started making my way to my dorm. It took a good half hour to go over everything with Mrs. Morgan, so as I walked the not so empty halls, I started to get the shivers. The people here seemed odd, as if they weren’t quite normal.

“That’s stupid. Of course they’re normal. Just because I’m not in Canada any more doesn’t mean that everyone else isn’t human” I told myself.

As I made my way through the crowd, I spotted a curly haired boy with bright pink paint drying in his hair. I’m guessing that’s the boy who Louis was talking about.

I walked up the stairs towards the dorms, and entered the one hundred wing. I walked through the doors and stopped. The hallway was very colourful.The walls and doors were all painted with different pictures. They varied from silly little drawings to actual pieces of art. I started making my way down the hallway, and then stopped in front of the door that read ‘107’ I stood there for a minute, admiring the drawing. It was of a sunset, the colours blending together perfectly.

“Please be nice, Please be nice” I whispered to myself. And before I could over think it anymore than I already had, I opened the door to room 107, and walked into my new dorm.