Chapter 17

Chapter 17)

**Zayn's POV**

I knock on the door, but its already open. I step inside to see a huge mess. Jocelyn is sitting on the floor, and Anna is sitting on the couch. Hanna is crying hysterically throwing clothes everywhere. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask. Jocelyn and Anna nod yes.

"GET OUT!" Hanna screams searching through her clothes. I make my way passed her and accidently step on a blouse. "DON'T STEP ON THAT!" SHe screams again.

"What exactly is she doing?" I ask Jocelyn.

"She's looking for her brothers necklace I think. Just let her freak out. She needs this. If things start getting dangerous I'll step in, but she hasnt cried since last year. She never cries." Jocelyn replies plainly turning on the tv.

"TURN THAT DOWN!" Hanna screams then runs over to the kitchen and puts some pills in her mouth than swallows them. Jocelyn turns down the tv as Hanna says. "Where is it? She mumbles to herself. She looks aboslutely mentally insane right now.

"Did you look in the pocket?" Anna shouts at her. She runs to a room and vanishes. She screams. They all look in her direction, but I stand up and walk to the room.

"ITS BROKEN! FIX IT." She shoves it in my direction. She falls to the ground and curls up in a ball. "Im sorry, Jacob." She sobs. Who's Jacob? Must be her brother. I fumbled around with the necklace until its attached again.

"Here, Han. I got it. It's all fixed." She shoots off the floor. Her tears stop. She jumps into my arms. She wraps her legs around my waist and hugs me.

"THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU." She screams and wipes the tears off her face. She jumps off of me, and smiles at me. I smile back at her.

"You're welcome, love." She smiles once more before darting after the room. I kind of want to know what that was all about. One minute she was mental, the next she was good. I make my way out to the living room to see Hann picking up all her clothes.

"Sorry you had to witness that, Zayn. It's a long story." She apologizes to me, then goes back to cleaning.

"Don't apologize. Its okay. I have time if you'd like to talk." Jocelyn then motions me to go talk to her. I walk over the couch and sit by her.

"Hanna is taking medication and it makes her whacked. She gets very emotional as a side effect. She needs her brother's necklace to calm her down. I don't even remember her taking it off. She never does." Jocelyn replies. Oh, that makes sense!

"Why does it mean so much to her?"

"Her brother died last year. They were really close. He was 16, she was 15. They were best friends. He was such a good kid. He was my best friend too, and Anna's. We all really loved him. But she felt most responsible for his death." I can feel my face drop at her words. That is awful.

"How did he die? Was she responsible?" I know I have a lot of questions, but I want answers.

"He committed suicide," Jocelyn trails off. Her face turns sad. "His best friend who was a guy had committed suicide two months earlier. Jake just wasn't the same after that. Hanna tried talking to him about the note that Charlie left. Charlie was Jacob's friend. In Jacob's suicide note he wrote that Charlie had said he was gay for Jacob, and couldn't live knowing Jacob would never love him back. But Jacob did love Charlie. Jacob was gay as well. So he said he was sorry if he hurt anyone with his suicide. Hanna was absolutely broken. She believe that if Jacob really trusted her, he would have told her. So she spent a month trying to figure out what she did to lose her brothers trust. Then she spent another month trying to figure out why her brother wouldn't tell her. They told eachother everything." Jocelyn finishes. I am speechless. I cannot believe that happened. Hanna seems so strong, confident, happy.