Chapter Fifteen

--> Chapter Fifteen <--

*Liam’s POV*

I’m so glad that’s over. The tension after I had a go at Niall was almost unbearable to the point where I almost dashed out of the room just to escape everyone. And just the fact that those questions that the presenters asked weren’t even meant to be that uncomfortable for me, considering there’s been all sorts of news around the world of a possible engagement between Danielle and I, I’ve answered questions like this before, so how come it was so hard this time? Also, Vaguely Live Radio is one of my favourite radio stations, so I know what the structure of the show is like, so what changed? I guess there has to be only one answer. Jo. She’s got me hooked, line and sinker. I’ve been ‘Bitten by the love bug’ you may say, or rather, ‘hit by the fancy train’. I just made that up now, do you like it? Heh. But yes, I am truly head over heels for this girl and it took me just now to realise. My unconscious mind had been screaming it at me but I hadn’t noticed. That’s how Niall got to me.  AND I’ve literally just met her. It’s mental. Or maybe I am.

So, as soon as the interview was over, I was out that door faster than Zayn on a scooter, giving the radio hosts a quick smile and a thank-you before knocking into Paul, rebounding off is big old monkey chest. I think I let out a small ‘ooft’ in surprise. He frowned at me, but saw the look of… well… whatever my face looked like at that point. I can’t remember whether it was anger, confusion or hurt. Maybe it was a mixture of the three.   But going back to the subject, he just patted my shoulder before lowering his head towards mine. He managed to whisper in his deep voice that I can go have some time-out in his room at the back of the tour bus if I wanted. Go in there by myself, of course, not with him or anything that would be weird. (OH GOD WHY) Just to have a think and to get away from everyone (aka Niall).

So I'm back at the tour bus now. In the small back room, just sat on Paul's bed twiddling my thumbs and glancing anxiously around, Just in case anyone decides to jump out and laugh at me or something. The door's locked, but it may as well be open since no one has bothered to come check to see if I am okay. Which I guess is fine seeing as I don't really feel like talking to anyone right now. But surely someone would come and knock to see if I'm okay? I feel like an idiot right now, avoiding everyone so I just can't go out there again, or at least for a while.

A few minutes before I sat myself on the bed, I must admit I did have a cheeky root through Paul's drawers out of pure boredom. (It's fine, I didn't find anything incriminating.) Who would have thought he'd have a pair of bright leopard print pants stored in there? When you press the crotch, it roars. At the start, I felt a bit ill thinking that Paul might have worn these in the past. (But where? What if it roared during an interview? Oh gosh.) But now I find it hilarious to think about. I almost tempted myself into wearing them and strutting past everyone on the bus to break the tension, but have since decided that's a bad idea. It would be awkward and people would think I'm crazy. Also, Louis' the clown so he'd be better at prancing around than me. It was safer to just put them back where they belonged. 

So now I’m just sat on the bed, still twiddling my thumbs, almost tempted to actually tear them off in a fit of boredom... Eurgh! Imagine doing that, having no thumbs would be hell.

I thought I'd test out this theory by tucking my thumbs into my hands and trying to tie my shoelaces. It was bloomin' hard!

Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yes, boredom. I thought it'd be best to just go out of the room and start socialising now, I’ve been in here ages, when something caught my eye. The light streaming in through the window had reflected off whatever was on Paul's dresser, which I was able to see in the corner of my eye. I shuffled on the bed towards the object, which on closer inspection appeared to be a picture frame.