Chapter Seven

○● Chapter Seven ●○

*Jo’s POV*

As I arrived home, throwing my bag onto the floor by the front door, my phone chimed. I had to bend down and rummage through trying to find it again. I unlocked it, a new text flashing on the screen from Niall.

-Hey Jo:/

I cnt do tomoz as I hav a thing to doD: I hav time the day after tho?x

I wasn’t really fazed. I can understand that being in a boy-band can be busy, so I replied back.

-Hi Niall:)

That’s totally okay, yeah, sounds good. xD

I threw the phone back, trying to aim for my bag, but I missed. It landed on the wooden floor with a smack so loud I recoiled slightly. It’s time like these that I’m glad I’ve got a brick for a phone wh

I walk down the hallway, sitting down at the computer desk. There was a note stuck to the desktop from mum, saying how she had to go back to work and how there’s a pizza in the fridge if I need it. I had chips about an hour ago, so I’m not really hungry. I rip off the note and turn on the computer. It takes a while to boot up, so I fiddle around with the mouse a bit, almost breaking it by over enthusiastically rolling it up and down the mat. I type in my username and password, then go on the internet onto the usual sites.

I can see on Facebook that Sarah has changed her photo to the one of her and Louis, which already had about 30 likes on it or whatever. She usually only gets a couple of likes on her photos, which she always complains about, but now that she has someone socially acceptable in it, she’s suddenly popular. I decided not to change mine just to make a point, I don’t need to flaunt off the amount of celebrities I meet, trying to gain likes. I felt like I’d got myself all worked up about the theory of people liking your photos, so I moved on. I had a couple of notifications from Farmville, which I immediately blocked. Those days were behind me. And there was an inbox. I opened it. It was from Rose.

“DUDE. POKEMON CONVENTION. TOMORROW. 2PM. COME WITH ME EARLY IN THE MORNING TO MAKE A COSTUME. LOVE YOU XOX”

I immediately got excited. I’ve never been to a convention before, so this could be amazing. I replied saying that I’d go, before going onto ebay and searching for Raichu costumes. I thought of going as Pikachu, but everyone would probably be going as that. Unfortunately, nothing came up. So I’d have to be creative when Rose and I go shopping tomorrow.

I thought about inviting Sarah along, as she might enjoy dressing up as something cute or whatever, but then I decided it might not be the brightest idea, since she doesn’t really enjoy video games as much as me and Rose. Also, Rose isn’t really a fan of Sarah. It’s kind of meant to be a secret I guess, but it’s obvious to everyone apart from Sarah. You’d think by the time we got into college we’d have ditched the entire childish “not liking” someone thing, but Rose has always been like that. I’m not having a go, she can pretend she likes her if she wants; it’s just annoying when arranging to go somewhere. Okay. Rant over.

I start googling information about the convention, just typing in the very little knowledge that I know about it. It’s apparently called ‘PokéCon’, which is a nice name, a little play on words there. It started at two, and lasted three hours. You have to pay £10 to enter, though. I glance over at my wallet, spilling out of my bag. I probably have enough, maybe ask mum for a bit more, so I can buy a few bits of merchandise. I continue to scan the website. There’s apparently going to be different stalls that you can visit, such as a Pokémon trading card stall, a gaming section, the main stage for the ‘special guests’ and other various forms of entertainment. I tried to read into who the special guests were, since it didn’t really show too much in the small article. But there was no such luck; it was apparently going to be a ‘surprise’.  Some other stalls would provide themed food, which I approved of, and there were the shops.

All in all, I was quite pleased at how it sounded, and couldn’t wait to go out shopping tomorrow for my outfit. I quickly grabbed my camera and put it on charge, as I’ll probably be taking loads of pictures tomorrow. I thought about what else I’ll need. My rucksack would probably be the first thing, I’ll fill that with a spare change of clothes, so I’m not wondering around dressed like a freak in London afterwards. I’ll take my mobile, my Nintendo DS of course, and a couple of games. Sounds like a plan.

I switch off the computer after I think I’ve absorbed enough information about it, and sit back, just thinking. It seemed like forever since I met One Direction, even though it was only this morning. I caught myself humming one of their songs. Oh god, Liam’s right; I’m going to turn into a ‘Directioner’. I took a quick IQ test on my iPod to see if my brain had deteriorated since I’d last taken it. It hadn’t, which was a relief. I’m glad thinking these thoughts and singing tunes for boy bands haven’t lessened my knowledge of all things intelligent. Using these large words also helped calm me. There was one person I missed though, Zayn. Well, I obviously missed all of them, especially Niall and Liam, also Louis and Harry, but Zayn really did stick out for me. He smelt really good and his hug was amazing. His hotness did help as well, and saying how much he liked my jumper was also nice.

To make myself feel a bit better, I listened to All Time Low for a bit, rocking out with my air guitar around the living room. I got a few weird looks from slightly drunken teenagers walking by, so shut the curtains to avoid this happening again.

I was breathless by the end of this dancing malarkey, (A/N: I literally had to search what this word meant. If you are unsure, it means nonsense. :D NEW WORD WIN.) it was time for me to go to bed. Running up the stairs seemed like an almighty feat after probably the most exercise I’ve done all month. I grabbed my bag on the way, then left it on the floor so I could go brush my teeth.

After I’d gotten changed, I throw myself onto the bed, turning the light of and reaching for the covers. A rush of anticipation for tomorrow crept over me.  I don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep tonight.

****

Hola againJ

I’m sorry about the excessive use of the ‘;’ symbol. This word document keeps correcting it, and since word is always right, I change it-_- Sorry for the boring chapter again, but I still need to fill it in to get to the interesting bits:3 And, it’s not as long so you’re in for a bit of luck!  I’m so excited about this Pokémon writing bit:’3 It should be fun. I’ll also try editing photos of the boys as their characters when I get back, how cool would that be?  :’o NERD MUCH D:

IF WE COULD ONLY HAVE THIS LIFE FOR ONE MORE DAY’8

Sorry, listening to that right now. Good song, good song. (Love Louis’ bit:D)

SONG FOR CHAPTER: (I know it’s weird, I’ve realised I keep mentioning songs like every chapter anyways o.o but yeah, it kinda helps though x3) I Feel Like Dancin’ Tonight – All Time Low

Um, so yeah. Give me your opinions on this chapter and schtuff. I’ve designed a new cover and I think it looks pretty cool, so I’ll upload that when I do chapter 10, which’ll be ages xD OKAY, COOL RIGHT BYE. xoxxo