Chapter Four

∞ Chapter Four ∞

*Louis’ POV*

I got woken up by the bathroom lights being switched on. Sure enough, I lift my head up and squint towards it seeing Zayn checking himself out in the mirror, already dressed up. Well that’s just typical. I groan slightly causing him to look at me in the reflection, giving me the thumbs up and a cheeky grin, before going back to touching his hair lightly. I wasn’t really sure how touching your hair in such a way changed it at all, but it seemed to make Zayn happier. The rest of the lads were still sleeping, Niall was snoring the loudest, which wasn’t really a change. Harry was curled up in a ball, clutching his duvet weakly, his curls spread out on the pillow. Oh how so many girls would kill to see this view, I was almost tempted to snap a photo, but thought better of it, as my twitter would probably explode from the hormones. Liam was lying topless on the covers, his music still playing in his ears. I rolled my eyes. I expect girls would definitely want to see THAT as well. Niall, on the other hand, had his eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling.  He was on a top bunk like me, so I fully sat up, and did a ‘psst’ sound to get his attention.

“Niall! What are you thinking about mate?” I whisper, as he sits up also, so we’re facing each-other.

He hesitates for a few seconds. “You want me to answer truthfully? Girls.” He then gave me a sad smile, fiddling with the end of his shirt.

I chuckle. “Same. What else is there to think about?”

He grins at me, but then it goes back to his sad expression, like he wants to say more. I tilt my head slightly, encouraging him. “It’s just… I think I’m ready to start looking for a girlfriend again. I know things didn’t go well for me last time…”

We both stop to think about Charlotte, Niall’s ex. She cheated on him before he auditioned for the x-factor, so he dumped her. But it’s funny, because now that he’s gotten more famous, she started to text him again. He managed to block her number but I know it still hurts him sometimes, from the look on his face. The guys and I know about this because when we went to Harry’s stepdad’s house before we went to the Judge’s place, we had a few nights were we just shared stories about our exes.  I shudder.

“Don’t worry about her; she was a bitch to be honest.” I reassure him. He nods.

“It’s just going to be hard finding the right girl, you know? I just don’t know who to trust anymore. I don’t know who’s real and who’s not.”

“Hey.” I reach over and nudge his shoulder. “I’m real.”

He nudges me back. “Oh, you know what I mean.”

“Yeah, I get you. We’re seeing the girls that we saw last night today. Well, I mean the ones I saw, I don’t know if you got a chance to speak to them since Liam and I were right in there. I quite like the blonde girl, Sarah. She’s pretty and laughed at all my jokes, so I quite like her.”

Niall perked up. “Liam was in there? But what about Danielle? Was the other one the brown haired girl that looked really fed up and didn’t want to be there?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know what he’s playing at, maybe it was just a nice conversation and I’m reading too much into it, but he sure did look a little smitten.”

“She seemed cute; maybe I should talk to her today? Maybe then Liam can get a bit of space and realise that he shouldn’t be flirting around with other girls or whatever.” Niall suggested.

He was obviously biased, as he knows how it feels to be cheated on. But I really doubt Liam is that type of person. “Like I said, I’m probably exaggerating. But yeah, you should give it a go and talk to her; you might make a friend out of it.”