Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

*JO'S POV*

My message tone went off half-heartily on the table. I lazily reach for it, before seeing it's from Sarah.

"LISTEN TO VLR. xxx"

I should probably explain…

‘VLR’ or ‘Vaguely Live Radio’ to you and me is an amateur radio show presented by various DJs, or people that want to become a DJ. It’s been mine and Sarah favourite radio station since forever. My favourite presenters are two boys called Alex Day and Jimmy Hill. But the other people who do it are entertaining as well. Such as Storm and Barbara, who both have such different  personalities but  still manage to work as a team.

I chuck the phone back down, frowning. Why? I look at the radio, then shrug. May as well give it a listen, considering I haven’t actually listened it it in such a long time. My finger makes contact with the on button in one swift move.

"And that was 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction! I'm your host Storm and with me is Barbara, and of course the boys themselves, One Direction!"

A massive whoop comes from the speakers. I roll my eyes. Trust Sarah to try and get me completely obsessed. I couldn't believe Vaguely Live Radio would play that sort of music anyways, they usually go for the more indie/alternative/punk rock so this was weird. I needed to get away from them for a couple of days before I do something stupid, like make a t-shirt or send them my hair or something. (i.e something Sarah would do...) I reach for the on button again to switch it off.

"So Liam, a lot of people have been texting, calling and emailing about your last answer about your girlfriend, the lovely Danielle Peazer!"

My finger rests mid hover. Maybe just a few more seconds...

"Since we are renowned for causing awkward and uncomfortable situations, Barbara and I would definitely like to delve deeper into this subject."

I swear I hear someone groan quietly into the microphone.

"So let's start." Barbara says excitedly. "Planning on having family?"

I snort. I think Niall starts laughing aswell.

"Shut up Niall." Liam growls, it sounded actually quite angry. Woah. "Um, not really. I'm not ready for that and you never know who might be... I mean...someone else...oh I don't know. Can we move on please?" his voice was wavering and nervous, so I prayed that for his sake, they would actually change the subject.

"Alright, alright." Storms voice took p the whole room. "From the amount you're sweating, we can tell you are distressed. Let's move on." I could hear the smirk in his voice, still. Typical Storm.

"So I hear you boys will be headlining Greenherd Festival this year! That's one of the biggest festivals of this year. Even more so than Glastonbury someone told me!"

Zayn speaks. "Yeah! We'll definitely be there. It's such a great thing to be a part of and to be honest i'm really excited. I think we all are. It's only a month away now!"

"A month? Holy cow!"

"Yeah!" Harry butt in. I could tell it was him from his husky voice. I'm not obsessed. Seriously. Shut up.

"And we can take one other person with us, so the boys and I will be deciding on that a bit later. "

"Ooh, a competition?" Barbara squeals.

Niall speaks. Or whoever...it's not like I would know? Ahem. "Something like that."

My phone buzzes.