The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 05

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

Another big shout out and thank you to my amazing editor Tex Beethoven for doing such a fantastic job editing and polishing this chapter to where it is! Thank you Tex and you rock my friend!

Book 1

Chapter 5

Dante had just closed the passenger door on the Chevelle after helping Lily into the car and buckling in. He thought whimsically that she may have lost a truck the other day, but she had gained not only a souped-up car but also a full-time chauffeur. He walked around the front of the car to his side, opened the door and sat down.

Lily looked over at him and smiled radiantly, "I didn't say it earlier with everything going on, but this car is amazing! I love old cars, but I can't evenbeginto imagine the time and love you must have put into this one. What is it exactly?"

Dante smiled as he turned the key and the engine roared to life. Even from just the throaty rumble at idle, you could hear the power of the engine just waiting to be let loose. He glanced at Lily with a grin, "It's a 1969 Chevelle SS that I bought when I became emancipated at 16 from the orphanage. I spent all my spare time in high school and throughout my service in the Navy and Teams, rebuilding and modifying her. I only finished it up and drove her for the first time a little over 6 months ago right before I left Little Creek to start wandering. I'm glad you like it; I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time in it over the coming years together."

Lily beamed happiness at the mention of their being together for years down the road and agreed, "Yes we will, my love, I can't wait to experience everything with you!"

They drove back towards the wreck of her truck, passing it soon before making the 30+ minute drive to the compound inhabited by the Pack. Lily began fidgeting nervously until Dante looked a question at her.

She paused, took a deep breath and said rather quickly, "Dante, there's one thing more I need to tell you before we get there. I know I should have said something earlier, but I didn't know how to bring it up yesterday and didn't want to freak you out any more than you already had been. You know how I taught you the Pack structure? About the Omegas making up the bulk of the Pack, the Betas being the protectors and defenders of the Pack, and an Alpha mated pair that leads and protects the pack, right?"

Dante nodded, but she could see a bit of suspicion on his features as he waited for her to continue.

Lily began, "I'm not sure how to tell you this, but..." then pausing for the longest time before just blurting out "The Alpha pair are my parents! I'm their oldest daughter and I have a brother who is 4 years younger than me and I'm 22. Our Pack is the O'Connor Pack, I belong to the O'Connor family and we're about 200 wolves strong. About half or more of them live permanently at the compound so there will be plenty of curious people staring at us when we drive up."

With the mention of the Pack name being her own last name and the news that the Alpha pair was her parents, tension filled his chest and he couldn't help but swerve a little on the road heading through the forest. He replied nervously, "Oh shit... your parents are the Alphas?? Well that certainly adds some pressure."

He looked over at Lily who looked worried before he took her hand in his and squeezed it."Nothing has changed Lily, it's ok and I'm not freaked out. Surprised yes, and a bit more nervous than before, but it's ok and nothing has changed. I swore there was nothing I wouldn't do and no challenge I wouldn't surpass to be with you! I meant it with all my heart, I still do mean it and I always will mean it. I love you, Lily O'Connor."