-| 25 / training session |-

"Okay, but don't you think it would be fair if I got a nickname for you? You already have one for me.", Crystal told Scott. She'd sparked that conversation up during breakfast and hadn't stopped hinting towards having a cute name for him ever since.

They were trying to find their way to the back yard of the palace, where Daniel had arranged for them to train and learn how to fight. Alex wasn't really in the mood, but he'd obliged- mostly because he wanted an excuse to get shirtless in front of a crowd.

"Princess, nicknames shouldn't be forced. They come naturally.", Scott chuckled in reply rolling his eyes.

"He's got a point...", Alex agreed.

"This is an attack against me on all fronts and such a thing will not be tolerated, boys.", Crystal glared at them both.

"As the oldest in this group--", Alex started.

"No. Don't use that as an argument. Just don't.", Scott shook his head.

"You're saying that because you're the middle one.", Alex scoffed.

"I could call you sandwich...", Crystal changed the subject, turning to Scott.

"Nope.", he shook his head. "I refuse to accept that."

"I'll find a good one, Harrow. Mark my words.", she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Good luck, princess.", he winked.

"Oh, I'll show you, mister." she pointed her finger at him jokingly.

The yard was empty but for a dozen soldiers and the King himself.

"There you are! What took you so long?", Daniel asked.

"We got lost.", Crystal stared at him in the eye, trying (and failing) to look intimidating.

"Okay then. I'll leave you three to practice. I sure hope you'll all show up for lunch.", he told them apologetically.

"We'll think about it.", Crystal crossed her arms and pointedly turned her back on him.

His face fell and he left the yard, going back into the palace.

"What do you need training with?", one of the soldiers asked them.

"I'm good at shooting arrows, but I want to learn some hand-to-hand combat and the basics of handling a sword.", the princess replied.

"I can fight from up close, but I think I'm going to need some help with long-ranged attacks and swordfighting.", Scott added.

Alex stayed silent and everyone turned to look at him. "What about you?", another guard asked him.

"Oh, I've spent most of my life living in the woods and some of that time I was by myself, so there's nothing left for you people to teach me. I only came for the company. Now... is there somewhere I can take a nap?", Alex rambled.

"Alex.", Crystal glared at him.

"What? I know how to fight.", he rolled his eyes. Scott sighed and approached him, whispering something in his ear. Alex smirked upon hearing whatever Scott told him. "Fine, I'm in."

Scott returned to Crystal.

"What did you tell him?", she asked.

"That if he trains, he'll get sweaty and get the chance to take his shirt off in front of lots of hot people.", Scott smirked, obviously proud of himself.

"I never thought Alex would reach such a low...", Crystal chuckled to herself, shaking her head.

"I'm surprised he hasn't fallen any lower yet...", Scott laughed.