-| 9 / show me the stars |-

"Wait, what?!", Violet exclaimed at what Alena told her. "Are you sure it was my dad you saw?"

"Yes!", Alena frowned. "And he gave me the blame for my mother's death. I'd always been kind of a troublemaker, but I never meant it! Nobody really trusted me because I'm into dark magic- which isn't evil at all, it just has a bad name- and no one wanted someone like me to become chief, so they immediately believed him.", she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "I don't expect you to believe me, nobody has so far. They think I'm crazy. The worst part is Troy's idea of mercy; not letting them banish me and finally leave me alone. Everything that's happening to me right now is his fault and he likes to act nice in front of the people of the clan to degrade me even more."

"It's not that I don't believe you, it just is a lot to take in. It's not like he hasn't done anything similar before. He's too good of a liar and he uses this to his advantage, no matter who gets hurt. I've met people like him; Alastor Cornel is one of them. The only way to ruin them when they're in power, is to make them lie so much that they say that one lie that will contradict another.", Violet sighed.

"You sure are pretty calm about my telling you that your father may be a killer.", Alena remarked, running a hand through her hair.

"I've considered him a killer for the past five years, since he cast that curse on my mom.", Violet grumbled. "What do you say? Do you want to make sure he doesn't ruin another family ever again?"

"I was about to ask the exact same thing.", Alena smiled, shaking Violet's hand. "Let's kick his butt."

"That's the least we're going to do to him. Mark my words, Troy Lou is going to regret being born.", Violet gritted her teeth.

A couple of hours later, after the two girls discussed how they'd take Troy down, Violet decided that it was time they both went back home to get some rest.

"We are going to need it if we want to get this revolution over with.", Alena chuckled. "May I walk you home?"

"Normally I'd refuse and walk you instead, but I still have trouble finding my way around here. I still don't want you being out and about all alone on your own, though and especially now that I know that my dad has been keeping an eye on you I'm worried."

"Don't be, I've been going like this for weeks now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fine.", Alena rolled her eyes. Both girls turned to look at a bush that moved and made some noise.

"We could have a sleepover.", Violet whispered at her.

"Is that your way of getting me alone?", Alena smirked.

"Maybe."

"Then I can't refuse.", Alena chuckled.

"Let's go, then."

All the way back to her room, Violet kept glancing over her shoulder and Alena, who had put on a brave face before, kept jumping at every sound.

When they finally arrived, Violet double-locked the door and shut the windows as Alena sat down on the bed, cross-legged.

"Okay, that should be enough.", Violet sighed.

"I think you're exaggerating a little...", Alena told her.

"Not at all. Safety comes first. If only that doofus had listened to me when I told him to stay safe...", she muttered.

"For someone that cares so much about other people's safety, you don't seem to be caring as much for yours."

"That's because I know my limits. I know when I should stay and fight and when I should run. The problem is that I don't know other people's full strength and I'm worried that they don't either.", Violet confessed, sitting down next to Alena.