-| 11 / unforgiven |-

Crystal sat down on her bed and motioned at Lux to sit too.

"We need to talk.", she told her.

"I got that part. What is it?", Lux asked.

"In that dream Scott and I were in you...", Crystal trailed off.

"I what?"

"You were my aunt. Is this true? Are you my mom's sister?", the princess asked carefully.

Lux pursed her lips. "Yeah, but she's not really a fan of the idea, so...", she shrugged.

"Why not?", Crystal asked her.

"It's a long story and not one I'm going to tell anyone that easy. Darn it, your questions are just on-point as Caroline's..."

"You've talked with Caroline? How is she? How are things at the palace?"

"Caroline is fine, for now. She seemed to be in the mood to get on her father's nerves.", Lux smirked approvingly. "And... I heard about Tristan. I'm sorry for your loss."

Crystal's face fell. "Yeah, I'm sorry too...", she muttered. "You're actually much cooler than I thought. You seemed pretty scary when I first met you, but it turns out that you're nothing like that."

"I can be scary again, if I want."

"Please don't. I've had enough scary to last not one, but three lifetimes."

"You haven't seen anything yet. Everything you've been through so far was only the beginning. Things are about to get much, much worse."

"Thanks for lifting up my spirits!", Crystal told her sarcastically.

"That's why I'm here.", Lux replied with a bitter sigh.

"For someone whose name means light, you sure have a pretty dark past, by the looks of it."

"For someone that seems so cheerful all the time, you sure have lived a pretty tough couple months."

"We all have our demons and skeletons in the closet."

"My closet is just skeletons, there's no room for any clothes.", Lux joked. Crystal found it weird that someone would joke about something like that, but figured that Lux had been through so much that it was the only way she could cope with her past.

"There's one more thing.", Crystal changed the subject.

"I don't like where this is going."

"Just hear me out."

"Fine...", Lux grumbled.

"Back in the dream you were really happy. You and my mother got along, we all lived in the palace, no one was dead. This is all Alastor's fault and I can see how miserable you are, working for him. Why do you keep doing it?"

"Because I don't have a choice. I made a deal with him long ago, before you were born. I wasn't even pregnant with Alex yet."

"Why would you make a deal with him?"

"I wanted revenge on Cheryl and I was naive. Now any witch that was or is in my clan, including me, can't use any sort of magic against Alastor or any of his descendants. Trust me, if I could, I would have killed him more than a dozen times already.", Lux grumbled.

"We know he's going to try to attack this part of the kingdom, and if I could I would just get out of here and go somewhere far away to live a peaceful life, but I feel this need to stay and fight. There's also the fact that I have no idea who killed my brother and I would really like to get my hands on them; preferably tightly and around the neck."