The Choice Part 2

I saw the ball of energy approaching me; seeming to take a life time to hit me. But thats when a wall of stone rose up before me; The ball of energy disspated against it. At this everyone looked shocked as though they expected it to just pass through the wall of rock.

But the most shocked face was the shooter; like this had never happened before in her life before this day. The wall that protected me looked strange; glowing slightly with a a red glare, with vines slowly turning the way through the rock in an fasinating design. But what really got my attention was the slight smell of the ocean slowly wafting of the stone.

To say that everyone was shocked would be an understatement; people slowly coming over to touch the stone; closing there eyes while their hands roamed the barrier. Most pulled their hands away just straight after touching the barrier, but their was some that could touch it for a few seconds before they had to pull away.

The only one who could touch the barrier for any length of time was Terrance; slowly running his hand all along the barrier, top to bottom whithout pause. After he reached the bottom he removed his hand, slowly rubbing the palm of his hand.

"The four elements combined into one; how is that even possible" I heard Terrance whisper to himself as he stared at the barrier in front of me. "Terrance, I see that you have a new type of defence against our weapons, but don't think we won't find out how to get by it" at this the small circle of warriors grabbed onto ropes, and were propelled back up towards the helicopters.

"Terrance, have you ever seen something like this before" someone shouted out from the crowd. At this Terrance looked up and around at the people who were standing, staring at the barrier with interest. He spoke "No, i haven't but that is not what worries me;not at all" before he turns and walks away into one of the bigger huts, with the poeple who meet him at the entrance to the chamber.

"Come on in Dominic" Terrance shouted from within the structure. I slowly walked towards the door; not really wanting to enter, because it would take me further and futher away from reality.