The awakening

"Hey, you what are you doing down here" the dock guard shouted at me. This was one of the problems with the dock; it was regularly guarded at night after closing time. I ran; didn't know what else to do.

"STOP"; yeah right like i'm going to do that; 1) I don't want a police record 2) Graham would beat me when i got released by the police. I saw the gate but it was shut and i knew that i wouldn't be able to climb it in time before the guard caught me.

There was the water but i didn't really want to go in; as i don't really swim well. It seems as though i don't have any other choice in the matter. I jumped in........ that's when i felt it; my body seemed to get warmer each second that i stayed in the water.  I don't know how long i could stay conscious; i need to get out of the water.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I heard the voices before i was fully conscious; i can't remember what happened. "Do you think that he will wake soon" ; "I don't know but hopefully, he will as time is flowing away". What are they talking about; where was I. My eyes were heavy; as i tried to open them. "I think he's awake. sir".

"Good; now we will carry on this meeting later"; "yes sir"; at least three people answered him. "Son, can you open your eyes"; I tried by my eyes just felt so heavy; so it took me a few minutes before i could open them.

"Good, now don't try to move; you won't be able to" he said. "Why not". He smiled at me; but it was like he didn't want to tell me everything. I don't know why i felt that way; "Boy are you listening to me"; oops i must have fazed out for a second. "sorry what were you saying"; 'sigh'; "I said that you would be weak for a couple of days".

That made no sense to me why would I be weak. "Why"; "that explanation will have to wait for another time young one". What is he on about young one i'm 17. "I'm not that young " .

The older man chukled; "to me you are young one; more than you know". What did he mean by that but before i could ask he was already walking away. I looked around at my surroundings; it looked that i was in a cave but... where!.

"Terrance we found some information on him" I heard a female shout through the door. So this guy's name is Terrance. What a weird name. Terrance walked out the door; i creeped to the door. "E 'un elementare". Wait was that Italian that she was speaking. "Ma non sappiamo quale sia l'elemento". "C'è qualche indicazione". "nossignore".

The handle started to turn; so i ran back to the bed as quietly as possible. "Right bo....Well what's your name instead of me just calling you boy". Hmm i don't know if i should tell him. Oh well; "It's Dominic".

"Well Dominic, what where you up to down at the docks by yourself"; oh no. "Emmmm, i was just waiting for some friends"; "Now we both know that's a lie, don't we". "I don't know what you mean" 

"Don't think i'm stupid boy;" He smiled at me. "and we also found this package on your person's as well". As he held up the bag of heroin that i was to deliver. It doesn't look like i'll be able to get out of this easily.

"I don't see why i need to tell you anything" sigh "It's not like you'r a police officer; are you?"; "No i'm not a police officer; but i do know that this is drugs". Now i was really nervous about what was going to happen.

"Well seeing as you don't want to answer any question's i'll let you get some rest", he kept looking at me strangely as though i was going to run away, "OK". Terrance nodded and left through the door and shut it closed; but i didn't hear the lock being turned; this might be my chance to get out of here.

Just need to wait a few hours until they go to sleep; then i might be able to get out of here.

***************************************************************************************************************

I guess it's now or never. 'deep breath'. I slowly opened the door; thankfully it wasn't locked. But where was i; I was right it looks like a cave but where does that put me. I've looked at a lot of maps and never once saw a place where there could be even the possibility of cave's; right four tunnels; i must be deep under ground.

Enie, menie, minie, mo, left tunnel here we go. God i must  be going insane; if i'm doing ryhme's to pick what tunnel to go down.'sigh'; and all this sighing; what the hell. "Where do you think you are going; young man!". 'Oh crap'. "Emmm stretching my legs!"; "Hmmm well am sure you can do that later; when there is someone to accompany you" Now that is a wierd smile.

"Yeah, sure"; god was i ever getting out of here. "come on, boy, that tunnel isn't safe, at the moment". "I do have a name you know". "Yes i know"; he chuckled at me; what the hell, i hate it here.

"so why are you keeping me here, may i ask" witha hint or sarcasm, do you think he picked up on it. "you may leave, after you have recovered, it won't be long now"; "what won't be long, i feel absolutely fine"

Why is he always watching me like that as thought he is waiting for something to happen to me. I'm getting worried.

"You seem to be anxious Dominic, is something the matter"; huh, what why is he saying that; can he read my mined or something like that. "no i'm fine; why would you say that"; "hmmm, no reason you just seem to be".

"here you go; have a good sleep and i shall see you in the morning"; "yeah; ok". Might as well get some sleep seems like i'm not getting away any time soon; sigh; just my luck. I wonder what Graham and Lisa will be thinking; probably that i ran off; with there stuff. That would be just my luck.

At least the bed isn't that bad; a wee bit lumpy but i still won't have a sore back in the morning.          

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Ahh; god my head feels like it's going to explode; i need to get some asprin; wait this isn't my bed; oh yeah cave place. Well lets go look for asprin from someone.

Or i could stand and look at this candle; even just being near it seems to help. I wonder what my parents look like. i sometimes go into these moments where I wonder what my parents look like; or even what there names are. Damn the candle's going out; or maybe it isn't hmm that is wierd i could have sworn the candle was about to go out.

"i see that your power is starting to come through young one; i didn't expect them so soon"; huh, what is he on about. "what the hell are you on about"; terrance chuclked; "well you see the candle was reacting to your feelings; almost going out when you were sad; then back to normal when you were curious about why it was going out".

"Yeah sure it was reacting to my feelings" i scoffed at that; "it was obviously just a brezze affecting the flame" ; "and where do you feel a brezze down here" ; he has a point there but it might have stopped by now who knows there are many explinations as to why the candle almost went out.

"Well believe what you want to believe, but come on it is time for breakfast and am sure you still have a sore head".

'This is how my life changed so completely that i don't even reconise it anymore'

"How do you even know what time it is down here"; at this he chuckled; am i a comedian or something. "Well it is actually an invention" oh "what's that then"; "It's called a watch"; Wait what oh; "har har very funny, i don't have a watch so i wouldn't know"

"Well seeing as you don't have a watch; it is 6 o'clock in the morning"; wait that early are they insane i'm usually still asleep at this time. "why are you all up this early". I think some were up even earlier; if i think about it. "For you're information, we all get up at 4 in the morning so that there is enough time in the day to get everything done"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO COMMENT ON HOW YOU THINK THIS WOULD CONTINUE

DO YOU WANT IT TO BE JUST THE USUALTYPE OF STORY

OR DO YOU WANT IT TO BE UNUSUAL.