The Choice Part 1

The roof above the village started to collapse onto the houses. But what really stunned me was the five helicopters; that were above the hole in the cavern; with those big machine guns on the side. "Shit" I heard Terrance cry out as all of us look up.

But what really took my breath away was not the helicopters, no; it was that all the stone that was falling down simply slowed to a stop not hitting anything before lightly landing on the ground. I looked at those around me, and noticed that they all looked suddenly tired and with sleepy looks on their faces.

"Who the hell are they" I shouted towards Terrance because of the noise the helicopters were making. Terrance looked over at me with a look that i couldn't decipher on his face. "Those people are the reason that we have had to hide our village's in place's that people would never normally be able to reach. but as you can see; they are determined people".

"But what do they want from you" I asked him. He chuckled at me even thought there was nothing funny about this situation. "They want; what most people want nowadays, power". But how would they get power from these people; we started to make our way down to the village at a pace I felt was inappropriate for this type of situation.

"How can they get power from you" i asked Terrance as we reached the outskirts of the village. He looked over at me like I was missing something very obvious. "We can give them a power that others cannot, you know what i'm talking about Dominic; you are very smart though you pretend not to be."

"You can control the elements, cant you, that's why those rocks didn't just smash to the ground" I asked him quietly; thinking intensely about what i was saying to him. If I was correct it would change the world as everyone knows it.

"Yes, we can, in this village we learn to control earth; use it to help us live" He told me in such a cal voice I just had to believe it. "But that would change this world completely; so why do you hide".

"I think you know the answer to that as well Dominic" He asked me looking me in the eyes not looking away while still walking towards the centre of town. "Because there are too many people out there who are power hungry and would try to steal it".

"Yes, and there are some who still chase us for our power; that is our curse" Terrance told me solemnly. "But, if you have all this power; how can they still find you" i asked confused as to how they could find them. "They have hunted us for a long time Dominic, longer than you would think ever possible" Terrance started to walk ahead as we were just on the other side of the town centre.

We rounded the corner of the house to find seven people with strange looking weapons; surrounded by at least fifty men and a few women. But the men and women surrounding the group had no weapons in the hands; yet that made them seem all the more dangerous to me, as I looked them over.

"Who are they" I whispered to Terrance as we walked closer to the circle. "These are the people who have been hunting us all these years; Lucky for us we have quite a few warriors here today" Terrance replied; as we all made our way through the crowd, Terrance keeping me slightly behind him when we reached the front of the warriors.

The people in the middle were also in a circle six on the outside; and one standing in the middle holding a pistol towards Terrance. "Did you think; that you would catch us of guard, Miguel" Terrance asked the man in the middle of the circle. We'll I think it is a man, the clothes and helmet that he has on make it hard to tell.

The person's voice came out of the helmet distorted; so I still couldn't tell if it was a guy or a girl, but the name would suggest that it is a guy. "Of course not Terrance, but we did here you found a newbie, am I right" Miguel's distorted voice rang out towards us. But I must admit it did slightly sound female but it wouldn't be. would it.

 "Am sorry to say you'r information is wrong Miguel" Terrance said. A laugh drifted over to us froom the small group, "Don't lie to me Terrance, I see the boy hiding behind you". Miguel walked to the edge of the group and took of there helmet; and to my complete surprise, Miguel was a woman. The most beautiful that I had ever seen in my life

Thats when she brought up her gun, and fired right in my face; but it wasn't a bullet that came out. No it was a beam of light that swirled in a circle right to my chest and just as it was about to hit.....