twenty-nine

After the... sudden events that happened in the shower this morning, Dan and I had decided it may be best to stay at home, wrapped up in blankets all afternoon.

Dan and I sat, him with my fluffy pink blanket that he insists on using everytime he comes over, cuddled up next to me, editing.

With both of us on our Macbooks, we occasionally share ideas for editing, since our styles are pretty different.

As soon as we're done with editing, we both upload at the same time, just to fuck with people.

After that, we make lunch. Dan pleads for stir fry, and with minimal begging, I give in. He made the rice while I made the veggies.

When our newly made creation is finished, we take our plates to the lounge, where we choose out a movie.

"Adrift? That's not even out of theaters yet." Dan frowns.

I shrug, "I download things illegally off the Internet a lot."

"Makes sense." Dan laughs, rolling his eyes as he shovels a bite of stir fry into his mouth. His head throws back, resting on the back of the sofa as he closes his eyes, chewing. "This is amazing, Mayamoo."

"Thanks." I smile, starting the movie and sitting down next to Dan with my own plate. After taking a bite, I furrow my brows, "Damn, I'm a fucking chef."

"I agree." Dan nods furiously, turning his attention to the movie.

The movie ends and Dan and I are both curled up into one single ball, sobbing into each other's shoulders.

"I regret it, I regret it, I regret it." Dan repeats over and over again while trying to wipe his tears away, but they just keep coming.

"Promise me we'll never go out on a boat in the middle of the fucking ocean by ourselves?" I turn to Dan.

"Hell no, I'm not gonna wish you death like that." Dan grabs my face with both his hands, squishing my cheeks forward before kissing my puckered lips.

     After a while of sitting and doing nothing, Dan suggests we go grab something for dinner. I comply, finally putting on one of my lazy day outfits: an oversized hockey jersey, mum jeans with a rip in the right knee, and vintage Adidas trainers.

 I comply, finally putting on one of my lazy day outfits: an oversized hockey jersey, mum jeans with a rip in the right knee, and vintage Adidas trainers

     Going to the bathroom, I spritz on some perfume, tie my hair in a low ponytail, and apply deodorant before brushing my teeth. I barely bother with my makeup, only putting on spot concealer, clear brow gel, and mascara.

     After that, I go back out to the lounge where Dan had ransacked my closet to find a shirt that would fit his broad shoulders. I now find him in a big t-shirt, black jeans, trainers, and his hair wavy and messily pushed back off his forehead.

 I now find him in a big t-shirt, black jeans, trainers, and his hair wavy and messily pushed back off his forehead

     "Well, don't you look cute?" Dan wraps his hands around my waist, smiling down at me.

     "Thanks, you too, stud." I laugh.

     "Your wardrobe is surprisingly boyish." he says, glancing down to both our outfits. "Although I knew none of your pants would fit me, so I just kept mine on."

     "I have a pleated miniskirt that I think would suffice." I say, my eyes slightly squinted with a smile.

     "I'll definitely have to try that on sometime." Dan wiggles his brows, making me laugh. "Don't forget."

     "Oh," I cock one of my own brows, "I could never forget that." I say and Dan laughs, shaking his head as he looks at the ground.

     Grabbing my small bookbag-purse off the hook by the door, we head out.

     We walk until we find a place to eat, which happens to be E Pellicci about a block away from my flat.

     We both sit down in a boothe across from each other, ordering breakfast food and two chocolate milkshakes.

     As we sit in the crowded restaurant, we talk about anything and everything in between.

***

     "No, like, I told her to stop or I was going to knock her fucking teeth out, and she kept doing it." I say, popping a bite of sausage into my mouth.

     "So that's when you decked her in the face?" Dan asks, raising his brows in anticipation.

     "Yeah." I nodded, rolling my eyes.

     "How much trouble did you get in?" Dan wonders.

     "Three days suspension." I shrug it off.

     Dan scoffs, "When I was in high school, I got ninty six detentions."

     I snort, "For what?"

     "For being a, as my English teacher loves to call me, a low level disruptor." Dan rolls his eyes.

     "Amazing." I laugh.

     "Thank you." he does a little bow.

     As I suck down my milkshake, Dan stares. "I love you, Maya." he says hazily.

     "I love you, Dan." I say back, over-dramatically repeating his tone of voice.

     "We should go home and sleep." Dan suggests.

     "I'm game." I say back, putting enough money on the table for the check and a tip.

     We walk back to my flat, hand-in-hand, taking in the big buildings outlining the almost-set sun.

     When we get back to the flat, Dan just takes his shoes and jeans off and flops down into my already unmade bed. I go to the bathroom, slipping off my shoes and jeans off, abandoning them on the floor as my jersey falls around my thighs. I take my makeup off, brush my teeth, and fall into bed, right next to the love of my life.