five

I pack off the tube after about thirty minutes with about ten other people, keeping my chin up and my backpack pulled in close to my body.

Then, I leave Paddington Station and walk for about five minutes on Eastbourne Terrace, turning right to get on Bishop's Bridge Road, then turning left to Sheldon Square, getting to the Starbucks without even having to think about it.

When I walk into the coffee shop, I scan the room for Dan.

"Maya!" I hear a small shout in the loud, busy coffee shop and turn to see Dan sitting by a window at a table for two.

"Hey." I say once I make my way through the crowd over to him.

"Hi." he smiles.

"So, what's--" I cut myself off as I look across the table to Dan for the first proper time.

"What? What's wrong?" he asks.

"Oh, no. Nothing." I say casually.

"No, there's definitely something wrong." Dan insists worriedly.

"It's nothing. You're just..." Maya trails off, taking in every inch of Dan's face.

"I'm just?" Dan asks.

"A lot more attractive than I thought you'd be. No offense." I answer with a sigh.

"Eh." he simply says with a mildly disgusted look on his face, shrugging in his creme shirt with little black moths imprinted on it. He fiddles with the sleeve of his black leather jacket he's wearing nervously.

"Really? Wow." I say, amazed at how humble he is.

"Well, what about you? You're like fuckin' Aphrodite over here." he gestures to me.

"Isn't that the Goddess of Procreation?" I ask, frowning as I'm thinking.

"Is it? Oh, my God." Dan puts his face in his hands.

"She's the Goddess of beauty, too. If that's what you were going for." I laugh, looking at him.

He lifts his head up slowly, "So, I didn't just completely butcher that?" he asks me.

"No, but you still called me a goddess at sex." I say, quietly reminding him.

"Yikes, I'm sorry." he says, putting his palm against his forehead.

"It's no big deal, I'm just joking." I wave it off with a permanent smile on my face.

Dan smiles a dimply grin, "How about some coffee?" he asks, changing the subject.