sixteen

Dan opens the unlocked door to my flat, storming in with his phone held out, "Maya, look!" he exclaims. I was stretched out on my sofa playing Until Dawn on my Playstation when he came in, so naturally, I screamed.

I grip at my heart, pausing the game before laying my forehead on my knees, "Jesus fuck, Dan!" I yell.

"Sorry. But, look," he demands, holding the phone out to me, "I'm ninty-six percent white." he says.

"What?! We've been talking for a week and you only tell me this now?!" I jokingly scold.

"I know!" Dan shakes his head, "This is gonna change both of our lives from here, on out." he says sarcastically before we both erupt in giggles.

"So, did you only come over to tell me that you're privileged?" I ask him, tilting my head.

"No, but I needed an excuse, so...," he trails off, shrugging.

"An excuse for what?" I question, sitting cross-legged facing him under my duvet that I brought out to the lounge for comfort reasons.

"So I could do this." Dan reaches for my neck, his thumb only grazing against my jaw as he kisses me as intensely as he did the first time.

Needless to say, my heart basically dropped out my arse.

My cheeks burn as I deepen the kiss, tossing the gaming controller aside as I messily run one hand through his brown, wavy hair. He bites my bottom lip and grabs my hips, laying down on the sofa so I'm above him, the duvet since fallen between us. I break the kiss and look at him, my thumb tracing his lips, jaw, and cheekbone.

Then, we both start laughing. My hair falls in my face as I sit back so that I'm straddling him, giggling. As always, he tucks my hair behind my ears, but this time, he places both palms on my grinning pink cheeks and presses a kiss to my forehead. It's enough to make me melt under his touch.

I lift the duvet up and shuffle underneath of it. We lay there, our legs wrapped up and my head on his chest, my arms wrapped around his waist. I listen to his heartbeat as he plays with my hair, meticulously weaving it through his fingers.

"Maya?"

"Dan?"

We speak in unison.

"You go first." I say, a smile on my face as I look up at him.

"No way, we'll go at the same time." he suggests and I nod. "Three, two, one." he counts down.

"I want to take you out to dinner."

"I want to start a YouTube channel." I blink, looking at him. "Oh...," I say, my heart bending at the thought.

"Really?! That's amazing, Maya!" Dan grabs my shoulders, leaning up into a sitting position.

"No, don't backtrack." I giggle. "I'd love to go out to dinner with you." I answer.

"That's even more amazing." Dan puts his pointer finger under my chin and places his thumb on my lip before tilting my chin up and kissing me again, his hand settled on my bare thigh, his fingertips barely slipped under the hem of my grey pyjama shorts.

"What about tonight at six?" he asks after he pulls away. I look at the time on my phone.

It's five.

"How fancy of a dinner is it?" I ask.

Dan laughs, "Pretty fancy. I already made reservations."

"Reservations?" I say, my eyes wide. Only really fancy places have reservations.