Forever.

"Identification, please!" The thin woman behind the counter chirped, and you forced a smile as Kirk walked up to the woman with a smirk on his face. Oh, god. Not now.

"Captain James T. Kirk, at your service, and this is my lovely lady friend __y/n__. She's with me, but we're not dating, so don't worry. We might still be able to have fun." Kirk winked and you had to cover your mouth to try and not spew all of your earlier breakfast all over the woman at the desk. She didn't even give us a second glance and started typing away, entering a code that allowed Kirk and yourself into the holding area where Khan was being put into cryo-sleep. Kirk gave the flustered and obviously aroused woman another quick wink before walking in the room with you, close behind.

He leant down to your ear as you walked down the corridor.
"Just for your information, I'd much rather have fun with you." You blushed slightly at the close proximity, but huffed.

"Let's go. We don't want to miss the little ceremony." You grumbled, walking quickly with Kirk not far behind.

Kirk and yourself had officially gotten past every single obstacle and doorway to where Khan was simply because by pure dumb luck that all the of the keys to the doors were held by dim-witted women who were in dire need for a one-night stand. It disgusted you, especially because after every single time Kirk flirted with them and got entry, he'd somehow turn his flirtatious comment around back to you. The first time you nearly choked on your own tongue, trying to hide your blush. Damn that man. But, soon enough you were in the room. The room. And Khan was there.

You rushed over to him, your arms clasping around him and not caring that you had completely interrupted a doctor's conversation (resulting in a yelp from the doctor) or accidentally pushed the doctor's assistant into a chair. You gripped Khan's shirt desperately, your breathing speeding erratically. You then felt his arms around you, holding you gently in his arms as if he was holding a porcelain doll.

"Lieutenant __y/n__. It's been a pleasure getting to know you and love you. I would not trade it for the world. I will miss you." He whispered in your ear, and you broke down, letting out an airy and forced laugh.

"You're an idiot, you know that? Don't leave me." You whimpered, your hand making it's way to the back of his collar. You gripped the fabric tightly, shaking. You never wanted to let this man go. A lump formed in your throat, your heart thrashing violently in your chest. It was really goodbye this time. You really wished you hadn't lost the appearance-changer thing Kyolla gave to you back at the wreckage on the U.S.S Vengeance. It would've been extremely useful.

The doctor cleared his throat and you backed off, smiling weakly as you tried desperately not to cry. Who the hell besides Khan would love you, besides the slut of a Captain named Kirk? Who would ask you if you were hurt, or apologize for accidentally running into you? Who would take your sweatshirt at ungodly hours of night and fall asleep to your smell, other than Khan? He had annoyed every fiber in your bone to the point where you just wanted to kiss him into his senses. He was your fiancé, and your wedding would never happen. You'd die engaged unless you got him out, you knew you wouldn't be able to get over him. The criminal had your heart.

"I'm sorry, Miss __y/n__, but you will have to step further back for this."

You swallowed and nodded at the doctor as Khan and yourself locked eyes, never wanting to look away. You watched as the doctor injected Khan with sedative and started to prep the cryo-tube, the criminal glancing down at the floor. You looked at the doctor, nodding to Khan, asking silent permission to go to him. The doctor replied with a curt nod. You walked up to Khan, placing your hands on either side of his head.

"Khan... I promise you won't be stuck in here forever." You murmured, pressing your forehead to his in an airy exhale.
"I'll come back for you. Visit you. Maybe you'll get released early on good behavior?" You joked, laughing slightly, trailing off.
"What I'm trying to say is that I will miss you so much and I never will regret meeting you." You mumbled, pressing your lips to Khan's for a moment. A gag could be heard behind you, and you glared at Kirk.

Khan leant closer to you, his lips brushing your ear.
"__y/n__. The ring. Place it in water when you desperately want to see me." He whispered in your ear, kissing your neck and pulling away. He smiled weakly, brushing a strand of your hair away from your face.
"Be stubborn and courageous. I love you, my flower."

You smiled sadly, trying so hard not to cry with the tears brimming your eyes.
"I love you more. Be safe, Khan. I love you."

And Khan blacked out, his body falling limp on the medical table. The doctor's assistant herded Kirk and yourself out, and you desperately tried to catch a glimpse of Khan as he slept peacefully. Minutes later you stood outside StarFleet headquarters, your face fallen as you glanced over at the group of StarFleet officers and colleagues as Kirk gave his speech. You couldn't bear to listen, your heart clenching violently. You missed Khan so much, and it had only been an hour. You didn't know how you were going to survive.

. . . . . . . . .

Five Years Later.

You sat at the crowded bar, stirring your stale drink with a toothpick absentmindedly, frowning. This had become a commonplace for you, going to the bar. You rarely bought hard liquor, or anything. You just went because you loved the commotion and music. It reminded you of Khan and your's relationship. There was so much going on, so much noise and clashing, yet it all fit together perfectly and in balance. It was organized chaos with a pretty little bow. You wore the ring around your necklace everyday, and whenever a boy you deemed thirsty walked up you flicked him off cleverly, your engagement ring fit snugly on it.

You never visited Khan anymore. It was too painful, and his sleeping form always reminded you that he was as good as dead, put into an eternal sleep. You were more mature now, able to handle things. You were more responsible, and could handle things that were thrown at you as long as you weren't in one of your moods. Kirk had given you a while off work duties aboard the enterprise because you had fallen into a depression, refusing to get up or eat or even look in the mirror to see your condition because your body simply was too exhausted to do anything. Certain days you hoped your body was too lazy to breathe, and you'd eventually tell Kirk, who would come in and hug you until you were better. He had been good to you, but he was no Khan.

You arrived home late and drained of emotional and physical energy, plopping on the couch groggily and flipping on the television, not tired. You sipped from a water bottle, nearly missing your mouth a couple of times as you focused on the annoying drama show, most likely a soap opera from the looks of it. The ring on your necklace dipped in the water and you spilled it down your shirt as you drifted off, jumping slightly and cursing at your stupidity and ignorance.

"Shit..." You murmured, standing and jogging lightly to the paper towels across the room. You looked down to dry your shirt off and noticed the ring wasn't on the chain. You started panicking, feeling around your chest and pockets as you murmured curses, running over to the couch and flipping the pillows over two and three times before breaking down, curling into a ball on the couch shaking with anxiety. You could feel tears welling up in your throat as you clenched your eyes shut, rocking slightly. Calm down, __y/n__. It's probably around here somewhere. Just open your eyes and look.

You opened your eyes to see the soap opera continuing on without you, the water bottle in your peripheral vision on the table. You let out a breath, sitting up and breathing deeply. Calm. Calm is good. You glanced around, frowning as you checked the long-length carpet for stray rings. You sighed and rubbed your face, opening your eyes once again.

"__y/n__." A deep voice hummed, a crack in the man's tone.

You whipped around, wide eyed as you searched the room. No, you were just imagining things. No way was Khan here. You walked around cautiously as the voice became more distant. You suddenly eyed your inanimate water bottle, frowning as the ring lay at the bottom of the plastic. However, the ring glowed a steady white, pulsing slightly.

"__y/n__. Listen very closely. I have a plan. A plan for escape, so we can be together again, forever."

So you packed your bags, and prepared for the inevitable.

Khan's Deliverance.