The Reassignment.

You woke up, groggy and with your hair splayed in multiple directions. You sat up, your hands propping you up behind you. You were... In a bed? You frowned and slipped your legs off the side of the bed, standing up on the cold floor as your back stung. Ow. You went to adjust the straps of your shirt and found that you were only wearing a sports bra, which you wore to work under your dress... That day? yesterday? And you were wearing men's sweatpants. Holy shit.

You scrambled around the room, looking for your dress. What the hell happened? You grasped the edge of your dress that was under a nearby chair, and tucked it under your arm, stalking over to the door. You took a quick glance around the room you had apparently slept in, seeing the surroundings. It was a large room, with a bed low to the ground. There were lamps in two corners, and a shelf with trinkets on them. You frowned and drew your attention back towards the door, grasping the handle.

A small click was heard, and you pushed the door open, peeking out. A face greeted you.

"Morning Sunshi-"

You punched Kirk in the face, growling.

"You nearly scared me to death, thinking I had been kidnapped and raped! What the hell? At least leave a note on the door or something to tell me it was you!"

James held his nose, wincing.

"God, have you always had that good of an arm? And a thank you would be welcome, too."

You scowled, crossing your arms over your bare chest.

"Oh, and make sure not to open up the stitches on your back. Don't want you getting infected."

Your eyes widened as you reached for your aching shoulder.

"Why do I have stitches?"

"Well, you sort of passed out, and a window shattered, and it send shards of glass flying everywhere. A giant chunk flew in between your shoulder blade and spine. Bones came over and fixed it up."

He said, a bit triumphantly because he knew you'd apologize for overreacting. And you knew he knew this, so you didn't.

"Great. So Bones saw me in my bra..." You grumbled.

"Anyone else?"

"Me, Spock, and Admiral Marcus. We sort of had to take out the piece of glass right away." Kirk smiled, but a solemn expression overtook his face.

"I've got to talk to Admiral Marcus about something. John Harrison needs to be found..."

You ran a hand through your hair, frowning.

"Speaking of which, fill me in on what happened last night..."

He sighed, and you suddenly got very worried. His expression didn't look too good.

"Admiral Pike is dead, and Harrison is loose. I'm going after him, Marcus gave me permission. I have the ship back... But... It's the not going to be the same without Pike."

You bit your lip, holding back tears, and it was obvious Kirk was too. You knew how close Kirk and he were... Pike was like a second father to him. You felt awful.

"I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do-"

"No. I know what you're suggesting, and you can't come with to find Harrison with me." James said a bit angrily, pointing at your sternum.

You glared at him.

"I didn't even finish what I was going to say! I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out sometime and talk, not come with you! But now that you brought it up, I think I might want to!"