Day Eleven: Sneaking.

This chapter has some serious Kirk x Reader in it, just a heads up ;)

You had spent the rest of the previous day with Khan, until you summoned back by a very pissed off Captain, after finding out Kyolla was nowhere to be found while Khan and yourself had... Made yourselves comfortable. To be honest, you didn't even know Khan could flirt, but damn he could flirt when he wanted to. You had woken up in a sour mood, and were currently scrounging through your drawers for a clean pair of socks.

A knock on your door caused you to jump, which, in the end, caused a great deal of swearing and a swollen forehead.

"Come in..." You grumbled, nursing your face, crinkling your nose as the Captain walked in. He flashed a smile, sitting on the bed, amidst your dump of a room. Clothes were strewn everywhere, as well as some lady items you didn't exactly want Kirk to see. Well, on one hand, it's not like he hasn't seen them before with his string of lovers. Except he cuts them off the string once they've... Well, you didn't want to think about that, especially when it involved Kirk.

"What, did you think too hard?" James said, smiling and motioning to the hand clutching your head. You rolled your eyes, wincing slightly as it throbbed.

"Ha ha. No, I hit my head on a drawer when you came in."

"Well, why did you do that?" He teased, beaming. God, you hated his smug little smile. You grumbled.

"I didn't do it on purpose, idiot. You scared me when you knocked." You glared at him as he raised his hands up defensively, still grinning. You lowered your hand and glanced quickly at the full-length mirror in your room, frowning at the rapidly forming red mark. You'd have to cover that up somehow.

"Well, I watched a bit of the video tapes from last night in the brig, thanks to a quick reminder from Mr. Chekov-"

You had a brand new slot just waiting for Pavel in that murder diary.

"-and so, when I was skimming through, I noticed something very peculiar." Kirk shifted his weight and smiled. This one was dangerous, this one... This one sent chills down your spine.

"I noticed that you kissed Khan. Like, full on the lips. I don't think my eyes were deceiving me, because I clearly saw it. And frankly, ew. And on another note, you made Khan smile. I didn't even know he did that!" Kirk grinned, clapping his hands together.

You frowned. He was leading somewhere, you just knew it.

"So what do you want from me?" You grumbled, shifting uncomfortably on your feet. You were beginning to feel weary, standing up was obviously not something you should do when talking about this subject. Kirk smiled.

"Since you two are so close, I want you to ask him why he put those men and women in the torpedoes, I want you to ask him what his plan was to do before he got frozen, and I want to know why the hell you like him." He spoke and you nodded, listening, but paused on the last one, furrowing your brow.

"Wait, what? You're asking why I like him? When are you suddenly so curious as to why I like people?" You snapped, making a wild hand gesture and nearly smacking yourself in the face. Thank god you didn't, or else your anger towards Kirk would have turned into laughter. James sighed.

"__y/n__, I'm not just suddenly curious. I've been asking you why you like people for the past three years, you just ignore me. I've been asking because I want to know what I'm doing wrong." He murmured, glancing up at you from his seat on the bed. You frowned slightly, tugging on your shirt.

"Wha- I don't understand. What do you mean, 'what you're doing wrong'? What've you done?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. James laughed silently, shaking his head an glancing down.