Chapter Twelve

I took a deep breath, and just kind of held it there. It was cold and damp. My eyes felt heavy like a ton of bricks were weighing them down. My mind was wandering. I felt clustered.

Where was I?

Then I saw an object appear out the corner of my eye. I turned around quickly. I didn't recognize the tall , muscular body.

"Hello Nichole. I see you've awakened. Don't be startled, you'll be fine."

"Where am I?" I said a little louder than intended.

"That's a secret until later darling. I can tell you who I am though. My name is James I was a friend of Michael's. For some reason I kept seeing illusions of him last night."

My palms began to grow wet. Nervously, I tried to speak.

"What kind of illusions?"

"I kept seeing him cry then he'd disappear me and appear behind me, and cry some more. He told me where I could find you but he didn't tell me who you were or how he knew you. I felt like he wanted me to save you." He said, sounding somewhat out of breath.

"Do you.... know where my mom is?" My voice was shaky.

"No, I do not. I'm sorry..." He said sounding confused almost.

I sighed, It's not that I wasn't worried, I was. I was just very tired and confused. I felt like I were to pass out any moment until I heard his shaky voice call out to me again.

"So who are you exactly?"

"I'm Nichole, Michael's best friend. And to best honest I get illusions of him too. He saves me a lot. He's kind of like my guardian angel, ya' know? "

He laughed and nodded, which made me feel a little better. Atleast he wasn't a creep like my so to be called "dad".  I laughed at that fact. How could that even happen to me and my mother? My mother. She could be in danger.

"I need to find my mom, she could be in trouble and something bad could happen to her. Please lets go get her!" I finally spoke up.

"Where is she?" He asked calmly

"Where I was before you took me"

"We can never go back there ! Do you know what that place is?" He said sounding very frightened.

"Why? No I don't but that's my mom!" I was mad that he was considering not going back to save her. She didn't deserve that and Michael didn't want that to happen to her either!

"It's a trap to hell. No one ever comes out! I don't know the secret to it, but I was lucky to even get out with you. I don't think God will give me the second oppurtunity to get your mother, I'm sorry dear."

"Then I'll go get her." I sounded brave which made me feel good inside, until he shot down my pride with the following sentence.

"Michael wouldn't want you to be in any type of harm, neither would your mother."

What he said was true but I just couldn't get that in my mind. All that was occupying my brain was that man torturing my mom.

"I don't care, I'm going back. Take me there, now!" I somewhat yelled just to get my point across.

"I'm not going with you. There's the door over there, it's just across the street. Good luck." He said with an uncertain tone of voice.

I nodded and made my way out. The place was a cellar looking house that I would think was vacant all of the time. I made my way to the house and I got in easily. I looked around and saw no one or anything. It was completely empty. What had happened?

I made my way for the yard. When I realized what I was seeing I ran, I ran and never looked back.