Chapter two

I hung up the phone and made my way up to my room, which was on the second floor of the house. I was right, my window has been shattered and on my floor is a rock with a piece of paper attached to it.

It said, "I'm going to make sure you stop breathing, promise."

Now I'm scared. What should I do? Who should I tell? Should I do anything? The better question was, who wrote this?

I looked out of my window and saw no one so I picked up my phone and dialed Michael's number.

Ring Ring Ring...

"hello?"

"Michael, thank god I'm sor-"

"Just kidding, leave a message byeee"

Beeeeeeeeeep.

"Shit" I said out loud to myself. I didn't know what else to do so I left. I went looking for Michael, thinking he was ignoring me.

I got to his house and chills ran down my spine when I had found out by his mother he hasn't come home since he's left my house. I said thank you and left. I started looking for Michael and tried calling a few times. I even texted him twice. No answer.

I called my mom because I had no other option at this point.

Ring Ring Ring....

"Hey honey, is everything okay?"

"Mom, please come home right now Michael's gone missing and I'm scared!"

"Honey, I can't, I'm at work and I cant leave right now I'm with a patient I'll be home around ten, sorry but I have to go now I love you"

Sigh "I love you too, bye"

Well, that was no help and wont be for a while since it's only six.

Finally I just gave up around eight, I went home and rested my eyes and I found myself falling asleep just before the phone rang. I went to go answer it but the voice mail came on.

"Nichole, I got your messages. It's Michael, I'm sorry for everything. Also, I'm okay. I just had to go somewhere and my phone died and-"

I hurried to the phone and answered it but he had already hung up. Knowing he was okay I couldn't help but fall asleep. I was exhausted.

The next day I got up, I showered and brushed my teeth, mom was sleeping so I made my way to Michael's. It was eleven so I figured he'd be home, but he wasn't. This time, his mom was gone too. I tried his phone. No one answered. So I went for a walk.

"Hey, look who it is"

I turned my head to see who it was and of course, it was Aalea.

"What do you want?"

Ever since sixth grade she's been harrassing me, but there's more to the story. She used to be my best friend until she met her other friends in sixth grade. You know, the popular girls. Ever since then I'm her target and I guess I derserve that for pushing her into the lake and making her almost drown.

"Nothing much, I just want to know why you even bother to breathe."

Then something flashed in my mind, the note on the rock! Was it her? Anyway, what would she do if it was? Her mother would kill her if she even got into a fight. I'm not too afraid of her.

I shrugged.

"See you at school loser, or maybe I wont" then she smiled and turned away.

Monday was tomorrow.

I went home and called Michael he answered saying, "Hey Nichole I'm busy right now, I'll call you later, okay?" Then he hung up as if he didn't just ask me a question.

What was he up to? What if..

He was turning against me just like Aalea, maybe that's why he's been avoiding me.