Chapter 20

Ahhh! 20 chapters in! Can you believe it?! :D Love you all lots. You're all amazayn! I think you'll like this chapter. :) Anyone who ships Legan Paylinson or whatever their couple name is, will LOVE this chapter.

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 20

Louis' POV

We were all silent as we heard Simon talking over the phone. Ellie was sitting in Liam's lap, shaking as we followed the silver car. I was just desperately keeping my eyes on the Mercedes. Just knowing Meg was in there, just made me feel hopeful yet heartbroken. Walter had a gun. He could've shot her at anytime. She could be dead right now, who knows! I'd never see her pretty little face again.

Walter was driving like a maniac. He didn't even care about the other drivers, just sped by as the cars almost crashed into us. I think I heard Megan screaming at him once. There were countless times when Paul literally swerved out of the way, making us all lean to one side. Harry almost fell out of his chair.

"Harry! You gotta buckle your seat belt!" Niall said as Harry started to sit back in his chair.

"We're chasing after a criminal, stupid!" Danielle said. "It's not exactly going to be a smooth drive!" We laughed softly as Harry and Danielle went back and forth, arguing. I couldn't really focus. I was just worried about Meg. Danielle noticed me not laughing and patted my knee.

"She'll be all right, Louis."

"Danielle's right." Liam said softly. "She always is." He lightly kissed her quickly, and I playfully gagged.

"Sir, one of our sniper's just took a shot at the car." Someone said through Simon's phone. We all stopped talking as he put it on speaker. We all immediately listened in.

"Did they hit anyone?" Simon asked calmly. How was he so calm in a situation like this?!

"They've shot Walter. Very hard shot to make but they made it."

I couldn't have been happier. My heart soared. Meg didn't have to worry about him anymore. No more running away. No more having to worry about him finding her. She could live in peace.

"Ding dong the witch is dead!" I started to sing, making everyone burst out laughing.

"He's dead, Ella! Did you hear that?" Perrie said, squeezing the girl's hand. Ellie brightened up a bit, but her happiness immediately faded. Worry was written all over her face now, making her look much older. Kind of like Meg.

"What about Meg?" She immediately asked. I couldn't blame the girl. They were probably the only two who really understood how dangerous and hard it was growing up. Meg was the only one who understood her. Meg was the only one who went through everything with her. Meg was her dear sister.

"What about Megan?" Simon repeated into the phone.

"Ummm, before we shot Walter, he parked in the middle of railroad tracks. The train is coming at at least 80 miles per hour. Megan's still in there."

I froze, and my body turned cold. My heart sank and I felt weak. My body felt numb. I just felt nothing. My life would be nothing if I didn't have Meg. Meg was going to die if we didn't get there soon. But why wasn't she getting out? Walter was dead. This was the moment she was waiting for. Why wasn't she jumping out of the car?!

"Can you drive any faster Paul?!" Zayn yelled, almost reading my thoughts.

"We're almost there!"

"I'm getting out when we're there!" I said, unbuckling my seatbelt and starting to crawl towards the van door. "I'll need a gun!" No one objected this time. Even Simon said to go. As soon as Paul stopped the van, I jumped out, quickly ran outside, and ran to the tracks. Everyone else jumped out of the car, but stayed behind.