Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Megan's POV

My hand's were intertwined with his as we walked down the sidewalk, ice cream cones in hand. So far, we'd been fine. No paparazzi, no Walter, just me and him and our childish ways. We occasionally bursted out yelling random things and skipping around. Back at the ice cream store he complained that he didn't have a carrot flavored ice cream. He mumbled something about how it wasn't Burger King and he couldn't have it his way, making me die of laughter. I was licking my scoop of cookies n' cream, my absolute favorite, while Louis was happy with his strawberry flavor with gummy worms on top. I swear he was a kid stuck in the body of a twenty year old.

"Lou, my feet hurt." I said, stopping to take off my heels. "Piggy back ride?"

Louis smirked then started to lower down. "Hold my cone. Don't. Touch. My. Gummy. Worms." He said and I giggled, climbing on his back. The whole time he ran down the street he hummed the 'Mission Impossible' theme really loudly. I laughed at all the looks people were giving us. One older lady muttered 'Crazy kids' and threatened to call the cops.

"TELL THEM I SAID HI!" Louis said, spun around a bit then ran off again.

"Lou, where are we going?" My surroundings were starting to become strangely familiar. Trees were coming into view, I heard kids complaining because they had to leave. This was the park. This was the park where I met Louis and the boys. This was the same place I almost lost Louis. I asked Louis to put me down and he did. I handed him his cone and reached for his hand. He took mine, squeezing it gently.

"This is that park." I said, licking my ice cream slower now. I wasn't really enjoying this as much.

"Yup." He said, popping the 'p'. He looked around then smiled down at me. It was a bit of a creepy smile.

"Umm, Lou? What are you thinking?"

"Race you down the slide!"

Like I said, a kid trapped inside a twenty year old's body.

"But Lou, I'm not done with my ice cream!" I said, but eventually ran after him. We ran up the stairs and sat in front of the two slides put together. "One, two, three!" he said, and I slid down.

"Haha! I beat you!" Louis said, sticking his tongue out me.

"Did not! And I'm in a dress!"

"Not my problem." Louis shrugged, eating a gummy worm. I shot him a look and he pretended to be really interested in his ice cream.

"Let's go again!" I said and we both ran to the stairs to get back up to the slide. "One, two, three!" We slid down and this time I beat him.

"Just so you know, I let you win, love." He said, kissing my cheek. His lips were cold from the ice cream. We had just finished it and were laying down on the grass, looking up at the stars. They were so pretty.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Lou." I said, rolling over to look at him. "This was a really fun night, Louis. Thank you."

"Anything for you, love. I honestly don't think anything could ruin this night." Louis said and I smiled.

Ooh, spoke too soon. I screamed as the sprinklers went off. "LOUIS! GET UP! OH MY GOSH!" I screamed again feeling the cold water spray all around me. Louis got up, laughing at me then yelled, running through the whole field.

He ran back over to me and took my hand, pulling me in there with him. The sprinklers shot up in all directions. I shrieked feeling the cold water hit me but eventually I didn't care, just ran around with Lou, dancing barefoot in the fields. I felt like a nature fairy or something. Louis quickly picked me up and kissed me on the lips, our lips moving perfectly together. It wasn't exactly a kiss in the ran, but it was still just as nice.