Chapter 22

~Jades P.O.V~

I woke up surrounded by unrecognizable voices. Though I had no idea what was going on, or who these people were, there was only one person on my mind; Harry.

"Harry?" I mumble, opening my eyes slowly.

"We're going to need you to lay down and stay calm." I deep voice says.

"Where am I?" I ask, trying to sit up.

"Please, Miss, you need to lie down." Another deep voice says.

Without warning, I felt a needle in my arm and became -once again- drowsy.

~~

"Jade wake up." I hear a voice whisper in my ear. 

Harry.

"Harry? Is it you?" I whisper.

"It's me." When he says this I fly up.

"Harry- ow!" I wince at the pain in my left, upper-thigh.

"Shh, relax. You- um, got shot." He says, biting his lip.

"I what?! Who the hell shot me and why the hell would they shoot me? This isn't the ghetto, Harry!" say, raising my voice.

"Shutup! Do you want the doctors to keep you longer, because I convinced them to let you leave now! And I don't know who shot you. I was hoping you would." He takes a deep breathe and kisses my forehead.

I took a second to think about it. Who would want to shoot me? I never did anything to anyone. Except maybe all the "directioners."  But I know noone is that crazy in love with Harry to do that. 

"I'll see you later. I love you"

The words ringed through my ears, over and over again.

Mason.

He was the one watching that night, he was always the one to get angry. 

"Mason." I say, choking back my tears.

"What about him?" He asks, tensing up.

"He did it. He shot me." I start panicking now, throwing off the blankets and swinging my legs off the bed.

"Wha- what? How do you know?"

"The night of the ball, you know, when I flipped out on Hailey... Mason was there. He told me he was sorry and wanted me back. But I said no and I told him to leave. He wasn't too happy about it. And he told me he'd see me later." 

"Wha- wait. But why would he shoot you?"

"When we dated, he would hit me. I remember everytime I wouldn't kiss him infront of his friends he would wait until we got home and slap me." By now my tears failed to stay back.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Harry asked, a bit mad.

"Because, Harry, I'm supposed to be the strong, fearless girl. I don't want to bring up my past because ever since I met you guys my life changed. Before I lived with Paul I was alone, dealing with my parents death, my abusive boyfriend, and my insecurity. Then I met you and I wanted to change. So I became a model, and I stopped crying." 

"But I'm your boyfriend! You can tell me anything."

"And I'm your girlfriend, yet you don't tell me about your past!" I snap.

"Well I don't have to!" He snaps back.

"And niether do I! Now please can we leave, my leg hurts like hell!" 

"Whatever. Let me grab your crutches." He mumbles. 

Boy, I love winning.

Once we got to the car, Harry brought the subject up again.