chapter 1

SCARLET'S POV

 Today is the day. Today I am moving to England to attend university on an exchange program. Last semester I won a scholarship to study music at a university in England, so today I am leaving. I am leaving my whole life behind to start a new in a place that seems worlds away. “Come on Scarlet!” my mum’s yelling pulled me out of my daydream. I grabbed my suitcase and dragged it down the stairs letting it bang on each step on the way down. I gave my brother and my dad one last big hug before I left out the front door and into the car. My mum and I sat in silence on the way to the airport. I knew she was finding this just as hard as I was. My mum and I have always been close but she knew this is what I wanted to do.

 “Mum, I have to go or I’m going to miss my flight.” I sniffled as mum engulfed my in one last hug.

“You’re right,” she said as she brushed her way her tears.

 s embarrassment and reassured her that I am going to be okay.

“I know you will be fine Scarlet. Just remember if you want to come home you can. Anytime, Ok?”

 “yeah I know mum”.

 “okay off you go, have a safe flight.”

 “ill call you when I get to London.” And on that note I turned and walked through the terminal gates headed for security to check my bags.

 I handed the air hostess my boarding pass and she ushered me towards my seat. After lunch was served around I decided to watch some TV and try to fall asleep. I flicked through the channels and decided on watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I must have been tired as I felt as if I shut my eyes for 5 minutes I woke up from the sound of the “seatbelts on” signal as we were getting ready to land. I looked out my window and I couldn’t see much mainly just clouds still.

when i arrived at the university i couldn't help but feel excited. it was everything that i imagined. People walking around that are talented and smart beyond belief.

"do you want me to show you to the dorms?". The boy that had given me a tour of the campus (josh i think he said his name was" grabbed my bags and began to walk me towards where the dorms where. "now i hope you don't mind that the dorms are male and female" he turned and smirked towards me. ew.

"no thats fine." I replied bluntly.

"your dorm is in the 'Ceaser' college complex. there are always big parties in the dorms, make sure you go sometimes cause they are awesome"

"got it" i replied.

"okay well here is your room.," Josh dropped my bags by the door,

"i guess i will see you around. Scarlet" and with he walked away only turning back to give me a little wink before disapearing down the hall. okay this is it. i opened the door and there was a girl with long brown hair sitting at a desk at her laptop.

"oh hi!" the girl looked up at me as she turned towards me and stood up.

"im eleanor" she greeted. i had to stop myself from replying with "i know". eleanor calder, girlfriend of one direction member, louis tomlinson. i wouldn't say im obsessed with one direction but i like them enough to know who she is and the fact that my best friend WAS obsessed with them.

"hi, im Scarlet" i gave her a warm smile.

"oh, you're Australian! thats awesome!!"

"yeah, i just moved here on an exchange program"

"wow! thats so exciting! how long are you here for?" eleanor practically yelled.

"until my course is over, so for like the next 3-4 years."

"oh my god that is so great! i love your accent already". Eleanor stated.

"i love yours too" i complemented. we just laughed after that and i told her about my family and Australia and she started to tell me all about England and her family.