surprise. pt 1

warning; this chapter is slightly nsfw and includes  lime/lemon

the heat in the air was suffocating. quiet moans and quick, shallow breaths filled the room as the brown haired and orange haired pair stumbled into their shared apartment.

"are you sure this is a good idea?", chuuya said in between kisses. "the neighbors might hear us"

dazai quickly silenced chuuya with another kiss. he pushed chuuya against the wall of their room and trapped him between his arms. dazai couldn't control himself for much longer.

chuuya hesitantly latched onto dazai's coat, hastily throwing it onto the floor. dazai chuckled and pulled off chuuya's coat as well.

"eager aren't you, chuuya?", dazai said, whispering chuuya's name in his ear. he gently nibbled on chuuya's ear before proceeding to begin unbuttoning chuuya's shirt.

he left a trail of kisses from chuuya's ear to his neck, to his collarbone, and to his chest. chuuya covered his mouth in an attempt to contain his moans, but it was futile.

dazai smirked before picking chuuya up bridal style and gently laying his beneath him on the bed. dazai's cheeks became a dusted pink as he looked chuuya over.

to his surprise, chuuya flipped dazai over and hovered above him before unbuttoning his shirt as dazai had done to him. "your turn", chuuya whispered before leaning down to kiss dazai and leave red marks on his skin.

as chuuya was unbuttoning dazai's shirt, he noticed that he still had his signature bandages on. in a moment of haste, chuuya pulled off a piece of the bandages on his arm and gasped at what he saw.

"surprise...", dazai whispered, laughing nervously. the bandages began to unravel themselves, revealing deep scars all over dazai's body. chuuya's eyes watered as he processed what he was seeing. all the pain dazai has been through was represented right before his eyes.

"why didn't you tell me?", chuuya asked angrily. silence filled the one loud room and a cloud of sadness hung above their heads.

"how long did you plan on keeping this from me? our whole lives?!", chuuya whispered, eventually escalating into a yell. dazai's eyes began to water, a reflection of chuuya's tears.

"i was afraid of showing you, afraid of rejection", dazai said. "no matter how hard yosano tried, my scars could never be healed. they are a reminder of the darkest times in my life, a time when i knew not of light but of the dark. i felt like the world would be better without a waste of bandages like me."

chuuya wasn't sure what to say. millions of thoughts swirled in his mind. what had he done to himself that had left such deep scars? how had he not noticed dazai's pain? why wasn't he there when dazai needed him the most? chuuya felt guilt overwhelm his emotions and cloud his judgements. he grabbed his shirt and ran out the apartment not looking back.

dazai sat alone on the now half empty bed, staring at the side chuuya usually occupied. he should have said goodbye. chuuya should have said goodbye.

a/n; thank you secret helper, yknow who you are ;), for always being there to help me write my shitty stories. team work makes the dream work. (also sorry for how short this is the next part will be longer i swear)
p.s. there's gonna be a second part